68 cheap direct flights from & to Chicago O'Hare (ORD)
United Airlines (UA743, UA2015, UA1213, UA741, UA1953, UA765), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6814), KLM (KL7205)
United Airlines (UA748, UA613, UA1070, UA230, UA910), Delta Air Lines (DL5401), Korean Air (KE6775), Asiana Airlines (OZ6446)
United Airlines (UA411, UA632, UA592, UA1186, UA1836, UA566, UA204), Alaska Airlines (AS1241)
United Airlines (UA599, UA541, UA2133, UA519, UA2395, UA204), American Airlines (AA2465), Aer Lingus Irish Airlines (EI6298)
United Airlines (UA1742, UA493, UA748, UA743, UA632, UA1213), Asiana Airlines (OZ6304), Alaska Airlines (AS1203)
American Airlines (AA1277, AA335), Avianca (AV2284, AV2292), United Airlines (UA212, UA1185), Air New Zealand (NZ2613, NZ2617)
United Airlines (UA599, UA511, UA775, UA439, UA1251), JetBlue Airways (B6311), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK9756, SK8890)
United Airlines (UA597, UA432, UA1800, UA640), American Airlines (AA2775), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK8808), Austrian Airlines (OS7744), Aer Lingus Irish Airlines (EI6301)
United Airlines (UA268, UA794, UA613, UA698, UA1800, UA624, UA214), Asiana Airlines (OZ6303)
Delta Air Lines (DL5401, DL3590), American Airlines (AA272), JetBlue Airways (B61106, B6906), Korean Air (KE7264), Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS2052), KLM (KL5623)
United Airlines (UA613, UA1897, UA269, UA2291, UA660, UA2097), EVA Airways (BR3020), Alaska Airlines (AS1232)
United Airlines (UA206, UA2173, UA622, UA776, UA654), American Airlines (AA2529, AA2411, AA2398)
United Airlines (UA269, UA2220, UA775, UA407, UA206, UA2246), American Airlines (AA1387, AA2470)
United Airlines (UA219), Air New Zealand (NZ9724), American Airlines (AA75), Qantas Airways (QF3154)
American Airlines (AA2211, AA1313, AA2213), United Airlines (UA742, UA2167, UA2102), Air New Zealand (NZ2839), Iberia (IB4975)
United Airlines (UA1213, UA741, UA1953, UA765, UA761), KLM (KL7205), Korean Air (KE6777), Asiana Airlines (OZ6471)
JetBlue Airways (B61105), American Airlines (AA1414), Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS4635, VS2032), KLM (KL6986), Jet Airways (India) (9W7944), China Airlines (CI9094), China Southern Airlines (CZ1274)
United Airlines (UA2066, UA2139, UA2072, UA2106), JetBlue Airways (B6563), American Airlines (AA321), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK8869), Air New Zealand (NZ2377)
United Airlines (UA1603, UA230, UA483, UA2246), American Airlines (AA2097, AA1969), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK8817), Air Canada (AC5229)
United Airlines (UA743, UA2015, UA1180), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6814), Air Canada (AC5067), Air New Zealand (NZ2348), TAP Air Portugal (TP8482), Asiana Airlines (OZ6479)
Airport Chicago O'Hare International Airport, IL
Chicago is also the location of Chicago Midway International, the second largest commercial airport in the state. Chicago Rockford International Airport is also in the Chicago metropolitan area about 140 km or 100 miles further northwest in the town of Rockford, as well as Gary International Airport, about 35 km or 28 miles southeast of downtown Chicago (Chicago Loop) from which only a few charter flights are currently being operated. All three airports are administered by the Chicago Airport Authority, which is endeavouring to entice more low cost carriers to operate flights to and from Gary International.
Chicago O'Hare International airport is ued by national as well as international airlines and the flight from O'Hare to London-Heathrow is the busiest route from the airport. Popular national routes served are from O'Hare to New York and O'Hare to Los Angeles.
- URL: Chicago O'Hare International Airport, IL (ORD)
- Time zone: GMT -6
- Service telephone: +1 800 832-6352; +1 773 686-2200
- Address: Chicago - O'Hare International Airport, 10000 West O'Hare, Chicago, IL 60666, USA
- Operating company: Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA)
- Parking: Yes; paid short and long-term parking.
- Nearby cities: Chicago (26 km), Naperville (29 km), Aurora (42 km), Joliet (53 km)
- Directions by car: Interstate 190 and I-294 (Exit 1ABCD) and via US-Highway 12/45, all go to the Interstate I-190, which end at the airport.
- Stations: Union Station in Chicago is served by many Amtrak routes, such as the California Zephyr, Empire Builder, Capitol Limited, Texas Eagle or the Wolverine.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.54%), Tuesday (13.58%), Wednesday (14.00%), Thursday (13.85%), Friday (14.70%), Saturday (14.12%), Sunday (15.21%)
- Alternative spelling: Чикаго-О'Хара, شيكاغو, Çikaqo, Σικάγο, شیکاگو, 시카고, शिकागो, シカゴ, שיקגו, ชิคาโก, 芝加哥, শিকাগো, Чыкага, Չիկագոյի, ჩიკაგო, Chikago, Čikāga, ഷിക്കാഗോ, Čikago, சிகாகோ, Şikago
Most popular destinations from Chicago O'Hare International Airport, IL (Flights per week )
- New York - La Guardia Airport, NY (364, 2,45 %)
- Toronto - Lester B. Pearson International Airport (294, 1,98 %)
- Los Angeles International Airport, CA (244, 1,65 %)
- New York - Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (221, 1,49 %)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport, MN (216, 1,46 %)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, GA (213, 1,44 %)
- Denver International Airport, CO (207, 1,40 %)
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, MI (207, 1,40 %)
- Phoenix - Sky Harbor International Airport (208, 1,40 %)
- Orlando International Airport, FL (200, 1,35 %)
- other (83.98 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- United Airlines (16105, 51,20 %)
- American Airlines (9516, 30,25 %)
- Delta Air Lines (1938, 6,16 %)
- Southwest Airlines (785, 2,50 %)
- Air Canada (536, 1,70 %)
- Spirit Airlines (418, 1,33 %)
- ANA All Nippon Airways (128, 0,41 %)
- Volaris (128, 0,41 %)
- British Airways (128, 0,41 %)
- JetBlue Airways (112, 0,36 %)
- other (5.27 %)
The airport is located about 29 km or 20 miles northwest of downtown Chicago (Chicago Loop). The fastest way to reach the airport is via the Interstate highways I-90 and I-294 at exits 1 AD as well as on U.S. Highway 12/45, all roads lead to the Interstate-90, which ends directly on the airprot site.
Between the airport and the Chicago Loop, the CTA "Blue Line" express train operates a regular service.
Passengers transferring between O'Hare and Midway should use the Blue Line between the Transit Center and O'Hare and then change to the Orange Line. Alternatively, please take a taxi, transfer shuttle or rent a car.
A number of regional shuttle buses also travel from the airport to the surrounding towns in the area for example to Crestwood, Michigan City, Mishawaka, Omega or Rockford.
The airport was already in use during the Second World War, initially for the repair and maintenance of Douglas Aircraft. In 1955, the airport was chosen as the main airport for the Chicago metropolitan region, after it became clear that the Chicago Midway Airport, which had been the main airport since 1931, was unable to handle growing air traffic. In the same year first planes took off and in 1958, an international terminal was constructed. After all building was completed in 1962, the city council finally also moved domestic air traffic from Midway to O'Hare and it thus became the second most important airport in the United States.