Departures Chicago Midway International Airport, IL (MDW)Departures flight plan for Wednesday, September 30, 2020*
Arrivals Chicago Midway International Airport, IL (MDW)Arrivals flight plan for Wednesday, September 30, 2020*
61 cheap direct flights from & to Chicago Midway (MDW)
Southwest Airlines (WN2297, WN824, WN1157, WN1381, WN1984, WN2381, WN2464, WN2536)
Southwest Airlines (WN2268, WN2432, WN670, WN900, WN2026, WN4671, WN616, WN642)
Southwest Airlines (WN382, WN1782, WN2021, WN2217, WN120, WN358, WN669, WN671)
Delta Air Lines (DL3801, DL3581, DL3816, DL3562), Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS2454, VS2455), KLM (KL5945, KL5742)
Southwest Airlines (WN2162, WN2527, WN713, WN1718, WN2094, WN48, WN309, WN448)
Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS2457, VS2882, VS2456), KLM (KL5751, KL5945), Delta Air Lines (DL3801, DL3581, DL3781)
Southwest Airlines (WN2268, WN2432, WN670, WN900, WN2026, WN4671, WN1300, WN3098)
Southwest Airlines (WN2026, WN2034, WN2424, WN2627, WN4600, WN4698, WN100, WN193)
Southwest Airlines (WN1305, WN1975, WN2319, WN2503, WN2808, WN5540, WN2719, WN3110)
Southwest Airlines (WN2398, WN3548, WN4536, WN2445, WN263, WN266, WN749, WN850)
Southwest Airlines (WN382, WN120, WN358, WN669, WN671, WN1345, WN2559, WN771)
Southwest Airlines (WN2173, WN3556, WN1120, WN1917, WN2512, WN268, WN532, WN711)
Southwest Airlines (WN2492, WN126, WN136, WN366, WN617, WN1362, WN1451, WN1488)
Southwest Airlines (WN2162, WN603, WN1092, WN1577, WN2463, WN677, WN986, WN1140)
Southwest Airlines (WN2828, WN3282, WN5055, WN2173)
Southwest Airlines (WN45, WN470, WN1014, WN2200, WN5647, WN1333, WN1488, WN1761)
Southwest Airlines (WN352, WN508, WN1317, WN2416, WN500, WN1386, WN1715, WN1770)
Southwest Airlines (WN1477, WN2222, WN151, WN518, WN734, WN1097, WN1454, WN1742)
Southwest Airlines (WN1978, WN3651, WN512, WN1087, WN1141, WN1196, WN1290, WN1423)
Southwest Airlines (WN2398, WN2218, WN369, WN423, WN531, WN1008, WN1518, WN1565)
Airport Chicago Midway International Airport, IL
Gary International Airport is about 35 km or 28 milers southeast of downtown, between East Chicago and the city of Gary. It is administered by the Chicago Airport authority as are Chicago Midway and O'Hare Airport, and is not currently used for regular scheduled flights. Currently only private charter flights start and land there. But there are efforts to begin operating low-cost flights from the airport
- URL: Chicago Midway International Airport, IL (MDW)
- Time zone: GMT -6
- Service telephone: +1 773 838-0600; +1 773 686-2200
- Address: Midway International Airport, 5700 South Cicero Avenue, Chicago, IL 60638, USA
- Operating company: Chicago Airport System
- Parking: Yes, paid short and long-term parking.
- Nearby cities: Chicago (11 km), Naperville (33 km), Joliet (40 km), Aurora (47 km)
- Directions by car: Interstate I-88, I-290, I-294, I-55
- Stations: Union Station in Chicago is a convenient station for many Amtrak routes such as the California Zephyr, Empire Builder, Capitol Limited, Texas Eagle or Wolverine.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.85%), Tuesday (13.31%), Wednesday (14.62%), Thursday (16.04%), Friday (16.42%), Saturday (9.58%), Sunday (15.17%)
- Alternative spelling: Midway Airport, Chicago-Midway International Airport, Чикаго-Мидуэй, 시카고 미드웨이 국제공항, נמל התעופה שיקגו מידוויי, シカゴ・ミッドウェー, شيكاغو في منتصف الطريق, ท่าอากาศยานนานาชาติชิคาโกมิดเวย์, 芝加哥中途国际机场
Most popular destinations from Chicago Midway International Airport, IL (Flights per week )
- Baltimore-Washington International-Thurgood Marshall Airport, MD (183, 5,20 %)
- Denver International Airport, CO (180, 5,12 %)
- Las Vegas - McCarran International Airport, NV (146, 4,15 %)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, GA (139, 3,95 %)
- Dallas-Love Field, TX (137, 3,89 %)
- Orlando International Airport, FL (119, 3,38 %)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport, MN (118, 3,35 %)
- St. Louis - Lambert International Airport (113, 3,21 %)
- Nashville International Airport, TN (105, 2,98 %)
- Houston-Hobby, Airport, TX (99, 2,81 %)
- other (61.96 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
Gary International Airport is about 35 km or 28 milers southeast of downtown, between East Chicago and the city of Gary. It is administered by the Chicago Airport authority as are
Chicago Midway and O'Hare Airport, and is not currently used for regular scheduled flights. Currently only private charter flights start and land here. But there are efforts to begin operating low-cost flights from the airport.
Chicago Air Park was opened back in 1923, and used for the postal service. It is located on 63rd Street West, near the Bedford Park neighborhood, about 15 km or 10 miles southwest of downtown (Chicago Loop). The fastest way to reach the terminal is on the Interstate Highway I-55 at exit 286, on Illinois Route 50 or on Illinois Route 43 and 63rd Street West.
Between Chicago Loop and the Airport (Midway Station) the "Orange Line" express train operated by the Chicago Transit Authoritiy (CTA) operates a regular service. Several buses also serve the surrounding area, such as the 379, 382, 383, 384, 385, or the 390.
Passengers transferring between Midway and O'Hare please use the "Orange Line" between the Downtown Transit Center and then take the "Blue Line", otherwise please take one of the many private transfer shuttle or taxis .
Numerous regional shuttles also travel from the airport to the surrounding towns and cities, going for example to Crestwood, Michigan City, Mishawaka, Omega, and Rockford.
Opened in 1928, originally by the name Chicago Municipal Airport, the airport was the main airport in the area until Chicago O'Hare airport was opened. By 1932, Midway had more than 100,000 passengers per year and was awarded the title of the World's Busiest Airport which it retained until 1961. The airport was finally renamed Chicago Midway in 1949, to honour the fallen soldiers of the same battle in the Pacific Midway Islands (Midway Atoll) in June 1942.
For years Chicago - Midway was one of the key hubs of several renowned U.S. and Philippine Airlines and one of the busiest airports worldwide and was replaced only in the late '50s by Chicago O `Hare. Today, Midway is a very important hub of the low-cost carrier Southwest Airlines, which offers the most destinations from here.