Los Angeles travel tips
LA - vibrant metropolis
Los Angeles boasts a fascinating history, world class cultural attractions, and a diverse local population.
Featuring warm weather throughout the year, anytime is a good time to visit Los Angeles. For those wishing to join in city celebrations, there's plenty to choose from. In January there is the Tournament of Roses Parade with its attractive floats and live music. In late February world-famous celebrities visit the city to attend the Academy Awards. There are several events in October, including West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnival, which attracts over 400 thousand people. New Years eve is celebrated across the city, including at Grand Park and Long Beach where spectacular firework displays are hosted.
LA accommodation and local transportation
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is situated 24 km south west of Los Angeles. Various transport options are available at LAX, including cabs, buses, trains, and rental cars. To travel from the airport to downtown LA by cab costs about $45. The LAX FlyAway bus service operates frequent trips between the airport and Vans Nuys Bus Terminal, Westwood, and Union Station. A free shuttle bus connects LAX with the Metro's Green Line Light Rail. Accommodation is widely available throughout the city. In popular hotel spots, such as Santa Monica, Hollywood and Venice Beach, a cheap room can cost from $25 per person for one night. In up-market areas, including Beverly Hills, the cost of hotel rooms can be $100 upwards. Getting about the city via public transportation can be quite daunting. First time visitors may find it easier to travel about the city by taxi or rental car.
Most frequent connection from Los Angeles
Top Flight Routes
- New York - Los Angeles from $30.99
- San Francisco - Atlanta from $75.00
- Atlanta - Orlando from $34.00
- New York - Tampa from $117.84
- Fort Lauderdale - New York from $25.07
- Miami - Washington-DC from $158.53
- Seattle-Tacoma - Anchorage from $169.00
- Chicago - Miami from $27.28
- New Orleans - Las Vegas from $181.80
- Las Vegas - Dallas from $360.14
- Boston - Las Vegas from $165.43
- Fort Lauderdale - San Francisco from $297.56
- New York - Austin from $372.98