Airport Los Angeles International Airport, CA
Departures Los Angeles International Airport, CA (LAX)Departures flight plan for Saturday, January 19, 2019*
Arrivals Los Angeles International Airport, CA (LAX)Arrivals flight plan for Saturday, January 19, 2019*
246 cheap direct flights from & to Los Angeles (LAX)
American Airlines (AA0297, AA0267, AA0283), United Airlines (UA0641, UA1226, UA1228), Taca International (TA2013), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH9242)
United Airlines (UA5597, UA0531, UA0535, UA6463), Asiana Airlines (OZ6240), Copa Airlines (CM8167, CM8217), Air China (CA7271)
Turkish Airlines (TK8602), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH9218, LH9221), United Airlines (UA0239), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH7361, NH7353), Air New Zealand (NZ9376), Air China (CA7381)
Air China (CA7318, CA7320, CA7319), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH9210, LH9220), Turkish Airlines (TK8601), Air New Zealand (NZ9159), Copa Airlines (CM8113)
American Airlines (AA0183, AA0169), LAN Airlines (LA8179), United Airlines (UA6222, UA0324), Asiana Airlines (OZ6241, OZ6249), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH7217)
American Airlines (AA0021, AA0185), United Airlines (UA1526, UA1455, UA1439, UA1224), TAP Portugal (TP8544, TP8546)
American Airlines (AA0021, AA0185, AA0033, AA0001, AA0181), United Airlines (UA0841, UA0535), Delta Air Lines (DL0120)
American Airlines (AA0004, AA0002, AA0010, AA0034), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6841), TAP Portugal (TP8545), United Airlines (UA1703, UA1244)
LAN Argentina (4M6371), Delta Air Lines (DL1169), LAN Airlines (LA6810), American Airlines (AA0231, AA0295, AA0299), Fiji Airways (FJ5004), China Southern Airlines (CZ1170)
American Airlines (AA1178, AA0252, AA0009), Delta Air Lines (DL1168), United Airlines (UA1614), China Southern Airlines (CZ1169), Fiji Airways (FJ5005), Hainan Airlines (HU8928)
American Airlines (AA0004, AA0002, AA0010, AA0034, AA0030), TAM Linhas Aéreas (JJ7075), United Airlines (UA0448), Air China (CA7266)
Delta Air Lines (DL1299), Air Canada (AC5909, AC5905), Avianca (AV2257), US Airways (US6483), Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS4063), KLM (KL7604), Alaska Airlines (AS5425)
American Airlines (AA0298, AA0270), Delta Air Lines (DL1150, DL2364), United Airlines (UA1599, UA1231), Taca International (TA2012), Air China (CA7231)
American Airlines (AA0253), Delta Air Lines (DL1219, DL1197), United Airlines (UA1176), Alaska Airlines (AS5821, AS6135), Air Canada (AC5423), KLM (KL7222)
Alaska Airlines (AS0453, AS0473, AS0469, AS0455, AS0459, AS0477, AS0461, AS0457)
United Airlines (UA0297), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH8928), Delta Air Lines (DL1735), Alaska Airlines (AS6422), Avianca (AV2259), US Airways (US6347, US6375), KLM (KL7198)
TAM Linhas Aéreas (JJ7513), Air New Zealand (NZ9400), Delta Air Lines (DL0883), United Airlines (UA0261, UA0716), Virgin America (VX0312), China Airlines (CI9032), China Southern Airlines (CZ1023)
Alaska Airlines (AS0454, AS0478, AS0460, AS0426, AS0476, AS0466, AS0450), Aeroméxico (AM8353)
United Airlines (UA6528, UA6526, UA3055, UA6522), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH7272), American Airlines (AA2649), US Airways (US0736), Air Canada (AC4398)
United Airlines (UA0954, UA0894, UA0312), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH9360), Asiana Airlines (OZ6287, OZ6289), TAM Linhas Aéreas (JJ7455, JJ7451)
Airport Los Angeles International Airport, CA
Besides Los Angeles International, there are two further airports in the Los Angeles Area, these are : LA/Ontario Int. Airport in San Bernadino County and Van Nuys Airport in San Fernando Valley Los Angeles Area. Van Nuys Airport is currently not being used for commercial flights. The "FlyAway" shuttle transfers passengers between these 3 airports. The most popular route from the airport is the flight from LA to London, flights from LA to Tokyo are also very popular. Top domestic routes inlcude LA-San Fransisco and Los Angeles to New York.
- URL: Los Angeles International Airport, CA (LAX)
- Time zone: GMT -8
- Service telephone: +1 855 463-5252
- Address: Los Angeles International Airport, PO Box 92216, 1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
- Operating company: Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
- Parking: Yes, more than 21100 short and long term parking spaces.
- Nearby cities: Inglewood (5 km), Torrance (13 km), Los Angeles (19 km), East Los Angeles (24 km), Downey (25 km), Glendale (26 km), North Glendale (28 km), Long Beach (28 km), Burbank (28 km), Norwalk (30 km)
- Directions by car: Interstate I-405 (Exit 47+48); Interstate I-105 and State Route #1 (Highway #1)
- Stations: The Amtrak routes "Coast Starlight"; "Pacific Surfliner"; "Southwest Chief"; "Sunset Limited" and "Texas Eagle" regularly serve L.A. Union Station
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: , Monday (14.30%), Tuesday (13.85%)Wednesday (15.06%), Thursday (14.83%), Friday (14.71%), Saturday (12.78%), Sunday (14.47%)
- Alternative spelling: L.A., LA, Los Anceles, Los Andželas, Losandželosa, Los Anđeles, Los Anjeles, Лос Анжелес, Лос-Анджелес, Лос-Анџелес, Лос-Анджэлес, Лос Анджелис, Лос Анђелес, Λος Άντζελες, Լոս Անջելես, ლოს-ანჯელესი, لوس أنجلوس, لوس انجليس, لسآنجلس, לוס אנג'לס, לאס אנדזשעלעס, लॉस एंजेल्स, लॉस ऐन्जेलिस, লস অ্যাঞ্জেলেস, லாஸ் ஏஞ்சலஸ், ロサンゼルス, 로스앤젤레스, ลอสแอนเจลิส, 洛杉矶, 洛杉磯
Most popular destinations from Los Angeles International Airport, CA (Flights per week )
- San Francisco International Airport, CA (474, 5,10 %)
- Las Vegas - McCarran International Airport, NV (327, 3,52 %)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, WA (287, 3,09 %)
- Phoenix - Sky Harbor International Airport (279, 3,00 %)
- New York - John F. Kennedy International Airport, NY (272, 2,93 %)
- Denver International Airport, CO (269, 2,89 %)
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport, IL (220, 2,37 %)
- San Diego - Lindberg Field International, CA (211, 2,27 %)
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, T (203, 2,18 %)
- San Jose International Airport, CA (167, 1,80 %)
- other (70.85 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- American Airlines (4230, 7,88 %)
- United Airlines (3810, 7,10 %)
- US Airways (3333, 6,21 %)
- Delta Air Lines (3033, 5,65 %)
- Southwest Airlines (2963, 5,52 %)
- Alaska Airlines (2842, 5,30 %)
- Virgin Australia (2337, 4,36 %)
- Air New Zealand (2274, 4,24 %)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (2177, 4,06 %)
- Qantas Airways (1998, 3,72 %)
- other (45.96 %)
Officially opened in 1937, the airport is about 25 km or 18 miles southwest of downtown Los Angeles. The airport may be reached on the Interstate I-405 using exits 47 and 48 (San Diego Freeway), via Interstate I-105 (Glenn Anderson Freeway) or California State Route #1 (Highway 1).
In the transfer area all area signs for taxis are yellow, those for rental cars are purple and for the shuttle buses within Los Angeles, blue. Those areas where shuttle buses stop which are going further afield, for example to Santa Barbara, are signposted green, for vans and limousines, they are orange and hotel buses, red.
All free shuttle buses are labelled with letters. The A bus shuttles connect the terminals. C bus shuttles go to the parking area C, G bus shuttles take passengers to the Green Line Metro Station. In order to go to downtown L.A . take the Green Line to Imperial/Wilmington Station (LACMTA Station) and then change for the Blue Line.
Several local buses stop at LAX. For example bus number 3 to Santa Monica, 6 to Westwood, 8 to Torrance, 42 to Wilmington, 111 to Norwalk Station, 117 to Lakewood Station, 232 to Long Beach, 439 to Downtown, 625 to Jefferson or 715 to Downey all service the airport.
The "FlyAway" Shuttlebus operates a regular service between L.A. International and Ontario airport 80 km or 50 miles further east in San Bernadino County. FlyAway also takes passengers to Irvine Amtrak Station about 80 km or 50 miles further east, to the district of Westwood about 20 km or 14 miles north, and to Union Station (AMTRAK) in downtown LA.
Southern California Gray Line also provides several daily bus services going for example to the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, an airport bus to Bakersfield, the "Antelope Express" to Acton, Lancaster and Palmdale (Antelope Valley), "SB-Airbus" to Carpinteria, Goleta and Santa Barbara or the "Ventura County Airporter" to Ventura. All current departure times are available locally or on the internet. Alternatively, please take a taxi for the onward journey.
In 1937 the city bought the airport, founded a department and, in 1941, called the airport Los Angeles Airport. The airport was first extended and called Los Angeles International Airport in 1949. Until that time, Grand Central Air Terminal in Glendale was the local commercial airport in the region.
In 1958, due to increasing traffic after the second world war and the start of the jet plane era, several architects made plans to develop the airport grounds for the future. The first project was a reception area which was built in 1961 in the shape of a UFO with 4 decks. The first jet from New York landed in 1959 and the fist jumbo jets (Boeing 747) then followed in 1970 when TWA used them for its route from New York to Los Angeles.
There were further plans to expand the airport when it became known in 1981 that Los Angeles would host the summer Olympics in 1984. The airport commission made 700 million dollars available to completely renew the old terminal. Another terminal was also to be built for domestic as well as one for international scheduled traffic. Building work was started the following July with a ceremony led by the mayor Tom Bradley, also the name of the international Terminal, and James Harold Doolittle, aviation pioneer and brigadier general. The official opening ceremony of the renovated and extended airport took place about a month before the Olympic games, on 11th June 1984.
A further terminal for the Airbus A380 has recently been construction. Since 2012 a fully automatic underground People Mover connects the Tom Bradley Terminal with the main terminal.