Denver travel tips
Denver is a popular destination due to the high number of sunny days. Peppered with great events, this creates an incomparable travel feeling.
Denver is particularly hot from April to October. In contrast, you can expect a lot of snow in the winter, but temperatures can rise quickly. The Chinook winds are to blame.
The Denver Powwow in March features Native American crafts, dances and music. In addition, visitors can sample Native American cuisine. In May, on the other hand, the Cinco de Mayo Festival goes Mexican, one highlight is the taco eating contest. The end of September marks the end of the summer season with the Denver Oktoberfest.
A visit to the Denver Botanic Gardens is highly recommended during a stay in the city.
Denver travel tips
Denver International Airport (IATA code DEN) is often abbreviated with the letters DIA in everyday life and in bus timetables. After arrival, the RTD SkyRide will take you to downtown Denver within about 50-60 minutes for about 9 USD. A cab takes only about 35-40 minutes, but costs approx. 56 USD.
Within the city, the RTD manages the buses and streetcars. The "Day Pass" costs about 5.20 USD, a one-way ticket for two zones per person about 2.60 USD. A free shuttle bus, the Free MallRide, operates on 16th Street. An inexpensive alternative is bikesharing from B-cycle for about $9 USD for 24 hours of biking. Denver is considered extremely bike-friendly.
For an overnight stay in a three-star hotel, a traveler should budget around 100 USD per person per night. It is cheaper for one person and one night in a hostel. Here the price is from about 22 USD upwards.
Most frequent connection from Denver
Top Flight Routes
- New York - Miami from $53.95
- Los Angeles - Kahului from $258.54
- Fort Myers - New York from $160.00
- Boston - Miami from $120.63
- Las Vegas - Seattle-Tacoma from $57.85
- Atlanta - Las Vegas from $107.76
- Seattle-Tacoma - Kona from $271.00
- Washington DC - Los Angeles from $129.00
- Washington-DC - Chicago from $216.00
- New York - Minneapolis from $78.63
- Washington DC - New York from $98.00
- Los Angeles - Washington-DC from $206.00
- Miami - Boston from $219.00