18 Flight routes from & to Geneva (GVA)
Turkish Airlines (TK1917, TK1921, TK1919, TK1329), Air Canada (AC6681)
El Al Israel Airlines (LY345, LY341), Swiss International Air Lines (LX4231), easyJet (U21526), TAP Air Portugal (TP8904, TP8906)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH7952), Swiss International Air Lines (LX3217), Austrian Airlines (OS7784), Brussels Airlines (SN9021), United Airlines (UA956), Air Canada (AC5892)
easyJet (U21484), Swiss International Air Lines (LX1431, LX1433), Germania Flug (GM6039)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH7952), Swiss International Air Lines (LX3217, LX23), Austrian Airlines (OS7784), Brussels Airlines (SN9021), United Airlines (UA956, UA9719), Air Canada (AC5892)
Swiss International Air Lines (LX4190), Egyptair (MS772), TAP Air Portugal (TP7015)
El Al Israel Airlines (LY346, LY342), Swiss International Air Lines (LX4230), easyJet (U21525), TAP Air Portugal (TP8899)
KLM (KL1926, KL1932, KL1930), easyJet (U21359), China Southern Airlines (CZ7790), Korean Air (KE6418), Xiamen Airlines (MF9744), Jet Airways (India) (9W8642)
British Airways (BA2737, BA2741, BA2743), easyJet (U28477, U28485, U28467, U28465, U28475)
British Airways (BA723, BA731, BA737, BA725, BA729, BA727), Japan Airlines (JL7706), American Airlines (AA6347)
British Airways (BA723, BA731, BA737, BA725, BA729, BA2737), Japan Airlines (JL7706), American Airlines (AA6347)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH7953), Swiss International Air Lines (LX3216, LX22), Brussels Airlines (SN9022), United Airlines (UA957, UA9720), Air Canada (AC5893)
easyJet (U21483), Swiss International Air Lines (LX1430, LX1432), Germania Flug (GM6038)
Since Geneva airport is located partly on French soil, it has a Swiss and a French sector. The French part can be reached from France via a road tunnel and flights within French territory are classified as domestic flights. Passengers from Switzerland wishing to travel to French destinations must pass through French customs before checking in.
- URL: Geneva (GVA)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +41 22 717 71 11; +41 22 717 71 05
- Address: Geneva Airport, Route de l'Aeroport 21, CH - 1218 Grand-Saconnex, Suisse
- Operating company: Aéroport International de Genève, établissement public autonome
- Parking: Yes; more than 4,500 short-term and long-term spaces, and a parking garage for short-term parking.
- Nearby cities: Genf (6 km), Lausanne (51 km)
- Directions by car: A1, exit "" Genéve-Aéroport Ferney"
- Stations: The airport has its own train station where SBB trains stop at a regular basis.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.99%), Tuesday (13.35%), Wednesday (13.75%), Thursday (14.14%), Friday (15.16%), Saturday (13.71%), Sunday (14.90%)
- Alternative spelling: Aéroport International de Genève, Женева, Genewa, Genève, Ginevra, Cenevrə, Ženeva, Ginebra, Γενεύη, Ginebra, Genebra, Cenevre, جنيف, জেনেভা, ژنو, ז'נבה, जनीवा, Ժնև, ジュネーヴ, 제네바, เจนีวา, 日內瓦, Жэнева, Geneva, Ženeva, Jenewa, ჟენევა, Jinêva, Gjeneva, 极乃伐, 日内瓦, ჟენევაში, Ջին
Most popular destinations from Geneva (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- easyJet (1848, 31,74 %)
- Swiss International Air Lines (857, 14,72 %)
- British Airways (704, 12,09 %)
- Air France (440, 7,56 %)
- Lufthansa (228, 3,92 %)
- Italia Trasporto Aereo (224, 3,85 %)
- KLM (192, 3,30 %)
- Iberia (152, 2,61 %)
- TAP Air Portugal (116, 1,99 %)
- United Airlines (96, 1,65 %)
- other (16.57 %)
Opened in 1922, the airport is about 5 km or 3 miles northwest of downtown Geneva. Motorists can reach the terminal site on the A1 highway leaving at exit "Genève-Aéroport Ferney".
Geneva airport has its own station: Geneva-Airport, which is served regularly by SBB trains. City bus numbers 5 (international organisations), 10 (downtown), 23 (Le Lignon - Lancy - Plan-les-Ouate) and 28 (Meyrin) and the bus route Y (Val Thoiry - Ferney-Voltaire) also stop at the airport.
More regular bus services are operated to Annecy, Chambery, Grenoble and Valence, as well as seasonal bus services to several nearby ski resorts. All current timetables are available either locally or on the Internet.