Miami travel tips
Miami - A Popular Destination All Year Round
Miami is an extremely popular destination for tourists from all over the world, as it offers something for everyone. Stunning beaches, limitless entertainment options, great hotels, and warm temperatures throughout the year are just some of the reasons why Miami is such a hit among its visitors.
Miami is always a great choice, as it enjoys warm temperatures throughout the year. However, the best time to visit is March till May, and you should note that June till November is hurricane season.
There are many holidays and festivals taking place in Miami. In January, you can visit the Orange Bowl Festival, which is the highlight of the football season with a parade through the city. In March, you can enjoy Carnival in Miami with processions, parties and parades, especially in Little Havana, and Salsa dancing on the streets. On Independence day, 4th of July, the city is painted blue, white and red, and there is a lot happening on the beach.
Local information you need for your trip to Miami
If you arrive to Miami airport, the best public transportion options to Miami downtown are Miami Mover (People Mover), several metro buses, Metro rail (over ground), tri-rail (train) and Greyhound buses. To get around Miami, transport is free of charge in downtown with the Metro Mover, and there are good public transport links in the entire area (Miami, South Beach) as well as the rest of Florida. Single fare for metro rail/metro bus costs around $2.25. Taxis can be expensive and cost around $15 for 3 km.
Hostels and guesthouses cost from around $25 per night in dorms, and prices for double rooms start at approximately $50.
Most frequent connection from Miami
Top Flight Routes
- New York - Orlando from $23.01
- New York - Chicago from $22.48
- New York - Hilo from $202.00
- Newark - Miami from $23.68
- New York - Honolulu from $356.00
- Buffalo - New York from $169.79
- Kahului - San Francisco from $254.00
- Washington-DC - Boston from $82.00
- Las Vegas - Chicago from $137.00
- Charlotte - Orlando from $65.28
- Los Angeles - Houston - George Bush from $93.17
- Austin - New York from $282.08
- Charlotte - Las Vegas from $253.82