Airport Nürnberg (Nuremberg)
Departures Nürnberg (Nuremberg) (NUE)Departures flight plan for Thursday, December 12, 2019*
Arrivals Nürnberg (Nuremberg) (NUE)Arrivals flight plan for Thursday, December 12, 2019*
56 cheap direct flights from & to Nuremberg (NUE)
Eurowings (EW5807, EW5809), Austrian Airlines (OS8882, OS8884)
Eurowings (EW9065, EW9063, EW9067, EW9069), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5104), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH5327, LH5140), Singapore Airlines (SQ1815)
Air France (AF1011, AF1211, AF1811), Jet Airways (India) (9W4962), Delta Air Lines (DL8645), Air Austral (UU8011, UU8211), flybe (BE4143)
Swiss International Air Lines (LX1189, LX1193, LX1191), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH5814, LH5818, LH5816, LH5812), Air Canada (AC6795)
KLM (KL1883, KL1891), Aeroméxico (AM6536), China Southern Airlines (CZ7612, CZ7685), Xiamen Airlines (MF9735), Delta Air Lines (DL9325), Etihad Airways (EY7377)
Air France (AF1010, AF1210, AF1810), Delta Air Lines (DL8342, DL8379), Jet Airways (India) (9W4961), Air Mauritius (MK9190), Air Austral (UU8010)
Eurowings (EW9064, EW9062, EW9066, EW9068), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH5087, LH5352), Singapore Airlines (SQ1838), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5067)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH148, LH142, LH150, LH144, LH140), Thai Airways (TG7674), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6231), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK8556)
Eurowings (EW7056, EW7052, EW7050, EW7054), Nouvelair Tunisie (BJ2489)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH2156, LH2158, LH2160, LH2162), South African Airways (SA7821), Air China (CA6171), Singapore Airlines (SQ2168), United Airlines (UA9567)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH149, LH145, LH143, LH153), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK8557, SK8553), Singapore Airlines (SQ2027), United Airlines (UA8771)
Eurowings (EW7057, EW7053, EW7051, EW7055), Nouvelair Tunisie (BJ2489)
Airport Nürnberg (Nuremberg)
- URL: Nürnberg (Nuremberg) (NUE)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 911 9 37 00
- Address: Flughafen Nürnberg, Flughafenstraße 100, D-90411 Nürnberg
- Operating company: Flughafen Nürnberg GmbH
- Parking: yes, paid parking – about 9000 short and long term spaces
- Nearby cities: Nürnberg (6 km), Fürth (8 km), Erlangen (11 km), Ingolstadt (86 km), Würzburg (88 km), Regensburg (92 km)
- Directions by car: highway A3, or the B4 and B2
- Stations: metro line 2 serves both Nuremberg Airport and the city. The journey takes about 12 minutes.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.25%), Tuesday (14.68%), Wednesday (14.72%), Thursday (13.95%), Friday (15.65%), Saturday (12.01%), Sunday (13.74%)
- Alternative spelling: Nuremberg, Nunberg, Nünberg, Nuenberg, Nueremberg, Nuerenberg, Nurenberg, Nürenberg, Nurembourg, Nuerembourg, Nürnbeg, Nuernbeg, Nürmbeg, Nuermbeg, Nurenbourg, Nurmberg, Nurembergue, Norimberk, Norimberga, Neurenberg, Norymberga, Нюрнберг, Nyrëmbergu, Νυρεμβέργη, נירנברג, नूर्नबर्ग, เนือร์นแบร์ก, ნიურნბერგი, Նյուրնբերգը, ニュルンベルク, 紐倫堡, 뉘른베르크, نورنبرگ, نورنبيرغ
Most popular destinations from Nürnberg (Nuremberg) (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
First in use in 1955, the airport is about 7 km or 4 miles north of downtown Nuremberg. Motorists can reach the terminal on the A3/E35, exit "Nürnberg-Nord" or the federal road 4 to the district Schnepf Reuth.
Between the Airport and the city, the metro line 2 operates a regular service. The trip takes about 12 minutes. Bus numbers 32 and 33 (VAG) also operate a regular service between the station and the airport stop Thon. Current departure details are available either locally or on the Internet.
The first airfield in Nurnberg was inaugurated in 1933 in Volkspark Marienberg just north of downtown. This was destroyed during the Second World War.
In 1955, a new airport was constructed a little further north of the former site. It was the first newly built airport since the end of the war in Germany. Only five years later the airport counted a total of 100,000 passengers. In 1961, the runway was extended from 1900 to 2300 meters and then finally in 1967 to a length of 2700 meters. Jumbo jet’s (Boeing 747) were therefore also able to land at Nuremberg.
The site of the airport was further expanded in 1977, with the extension of the apron. The old building was then also replaced by a new terminal with a visitors terrace.
The greatest economic boom took place in the year 1997/98, when the airline Air Berlin took up regular operations in Nuremberg and made the airport a hub of strategic importance along with Berlin-Tegel and Palma de Mallorca. Especially during the winter season, Air Berlin’s international routes, for example to the Canaries and North Africa stop over at Nuremberg airport. During peak times, more than 20 different airberlin can be found at the airport.
The new control tower and the direct metro connection to the main station were built in 1999 and 2006. During the 50th anniversary, a new arrival and departure terminals were also completed.