Departures Airport Memmingen (FMM)Departures flight plan for Monday, September 20, 2021*
Arrivals Airport Memmingen (FMM)Arrivals flight plan for Monday, September 20, 2021*
5 Flight routes from & to Memmingen (FMM)
Airport Airport Memmingen
- URL: Airport Memmingen (FMM)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 8331 984 200-0
- Address: Allgäu Airport, Schleifweg, Am Flughafen 35, 87766 Memmingerberg, Deutschland
- Operating company: Allgäu Airport GmbH & Co. KG
- Nearby cities: Ulm (49 km), Augsburg (63 km), Reutlingen (94 km)
- Directions by car: A96 Munich – Lindau to the exit „Memmingen-Ost“, then follow the signs to the airport.
- Stations: From Memmingen central bus station there is a shuttle bus service to the airport.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (16.20%), Tuesday (15.88%), Wednesday (13.91%), Thursday (11.13%), Friday (16.53%), Saturday (15.06%), Sunday (11.29%)
- Alternative spelling: Flughafen Allgäu, Memmingerberg, München-West, Меммінген, Мемминген, メミンゲン, 梅明根
Most popular destinations from Airport Memmingen (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
The regional airport Memmingen – Allgäu is situated about 2 km (0.6 miles) behind the motorway exit „Memmingen-Ost“, by the motorway A96 from Munich to Lindau.
Aviation history in Memmingen began in the year 1935, when the German armed forces established a military airbase for war purposes there. After capitulation between 1956 and 2003 the border airport Memmingsberg was used by the NATO for military reconnaissance flights. The airport was only approved for civil use on 20th July 2004. Only a fortnight later on 5th August was air transport finally taken up but at first charter and scheduled flights were not operated. The first conventional flights were operated one year later during the industrial fair in Hanover. Demand for the daily flights to the fair was small and many of these, due to the lack of demand were therefore cancelled. During this time the Allgäuer region decided to help the airport out financially with 480,000 Euros. In the late summer of 2006 the regionally operating airline Walter Linienflüge (scheduled flights) began to force a decision between Memmingen and Dortmund. There was however little demand in the Dortmund area in the two months test phase, only about 100 passengers used this connection. In the spring of 2007 the airport was finally granted the promised subsidy by the free state of Bavarian amounting to 7.5 million Euros. Since the summer timetable 2007 the atmosphere at the airport has been a little more optimistic as the tourism group TUIfly has incorporated it into its flight plan.