Departures Chennai (Madras) (MAA)Departures flight plan for Saturday, October 31, 2020*
Arrivals Chennai (Madras) (MAA)Arrivals flight plan for Saturday, October 31, 2020*
7 Flight routes from & to Madras (MAA)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH758), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK3392), United Airlines (UA9130), Air Canada (AC9584), Air India (AI8758)
Kuwait Airways (KU343), IndiGo Airlines (6E1752), Air India (AI976, AI982, AI988)
Airport Chennai (Madras)
- URL: Chennai (Madras) (MAA)
- Time zone: GMT 5.5
- Service telephone: +91 44 2256-0551
- Address: Chennai International Airport, Tirusulam, Tamil Nadu, Republic of India
- Operating company: Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Parking: Yes; about 500 paid short and long term spaces.
- Nearby cities: Pallavaram (2 km), Alandur (3 km), Ambattur (12 km), Chennai (15 km), Avadi (16 km), Kanchipuram (53 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is about 12 km or 9 miles southwest of Chennai on the National Highway 45 towards Chengalpattu.
- Stations: The airport has its own station: Tirusualam
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (13.80%), Tuesday (14.51%), Wednesday (13.81%), Thursday (14.27%), Friday (14.75%), Saturday (14.29%), Sunday (14.57%)
- Alternative spelling: Chennappattanam, Ченнаи (Мадрас), Мадрас (Ченнаи), சென்னை, چنای, تشيناي, চেন্নাই, צ'נאי, चेन्नई, Chennai (Madras), ചെന്നൈ, Čennaj, चेन्नै, చెన్నై, เจนไน, Tirusulam, Чэнаі (Мадрас), Čenajus (Madrasas), ચેન્નઈ, Csennaj (Madrász), チェンナイ, Čennai, 马德拉斯, 金奈, ჩენაი, ಚೆನ್ನೈ
Most popular destinations from Chennai (Madras) (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
First in use in 1954, the airport is about 10 kilometers or 7 miles southwest of downtown in the town of Meenambakkam, on the highway NH45 to Chengalpattu. The airport is the only airport on the Indian subcontinent with its own rail station, the Tirusulam. The "South Line" of the Chennai Suburban Rail Network stops here every day between approximately 05.00 am and 11 pm every 30 minutes on its way from Chennai Beach to the important railway junction in Chengalpattu. As is usual in India, there are plenty of alternatives: the 18A bus every 25 to 30 minutes, a taxi, a TUK-TUK or a motorcycle taxi.