Regular scheduled flights within Japan are operated from Fukuoka to several major airports such as Osaka-Itami, Sapporo-Chitose, Tokyo Haneda and Tokyo-Narita, Nagoya or Sendai Centrair. There are international flights from Fukuoka to Busan, Beijing, Bangkok, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Hong Kong, Manila, Shanghai-Pudong, Singapore, Seoul-Incheon and Taipei-Taoyuan.
- URL: Fukuoka (FUK)
- Time zone: GMT 9
- Service telephone: +81 92-473-2518 (Information); +81 92-621-6059 (Domestic Terminal); +81 92-621-0303 (International Terminal)
- Address: Fukuoka Airport, Fukuoka 〒812-0013, Fukuoka Prefecture, Kyūshū Island, Japan
- Operating company: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (Japan) & Fukuoka Airport Building Co. Ltd.
- Parking: Yes, paid short and long stay parking.
- Nearby cities: Fukuoka (5 km), Kurume (31 km), Saga (40 km), Kitakyūshū (45 km), Shimonoseki (61 km), Omuta (62 km), Sasebo (83 km), Ube (84 km), Kumamoto (91 km)
- Directions by car: Access to the airport is next to the Fukuoka Expressway Route 2, about 10 km or 7 miles east of downtown.
- Stations: Hakata Railway Station is located approximately 3 km or 1 miles west of the airport.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (13.78%), Tuesday (14.30%), Wednesday (13.99%), Thursday (14.64%), Friday (14.23%), Saturday (14.66%), Sunday (14.40%)
- Alternative spelling: Фукуока, Φουκουόκα, ფუკუოკა, פוקואוקה, فوکوئوکا, فوكوكا, फुकुओका, ฟุกุโอกะ, 후쿠오카 시, 福岡市, 福冈市, 福冈县, 福岡县
Most popular destinations from Fukuoka (Flights per week )
- Tokyo-Haneda International Airport (408, 12,66 %)
- Seoul-Incheon International Airport (242, 7,51 %)
- Okinawa-Ryukyo Island-Naha (173, 5,37 %)
- Nagoya - Centrair (158, 4,90 %)
- Busan - Gimhae (144, 4,47 %)
- Miyazaki (139, 4,31 %)
- Tokyo-Narita International Airport (109, 3,38 %)
- Sendai (96, 2,98 %)
- Osaka-Itami International Airport (96, 2,98 %)
- Tsushima (56, 1,74 %)
- other (49.7 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
Fukuoka airport was opened in 1944, and is located about 9 to 10 miles east of the city centre and about 3 km or 1 mile east of Hakata Railway Station. There is a free shuttle service between the Domestic and International Terminals.