Airport New York - Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ
Departures New York - Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (EWR)Departures flight plan for Friday, October 18, 2019*
Arrivals New York - Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (EWR)Arrivals flight plan for Friday, October 18, 2019*
212 cheap direct flights from & to Newark (EWR)
United Airlines (UA1537, UA1469, UA1923, UA1001), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6764, SK6762), TAP Air Portugal (TP8590), Avianca (AV2002)
United Airlines (UA991, UA1527, UA434, UA730, UA1417), TAP Air Portugal (TP4333), JetBlue Airways (B6127, B6927)
United Airlines (UA2006, UA1885, UA1257, UA748, UA743), TAP Air Portugal (TP8492, TP8490), Air New Zealand (NZ9128)
United Airlines (UA247, UA711, UA1790), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6754, SK6756, SK6776), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH7748), Brussels Airlines (SN8885)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH7794, LH7792), United Airlines (UA1857, UA1649, UA2275, UA1183), JetBlue Airways (B6811, B61511)
United Airlines (UA2394, UA1551, UA1279, UA2047, UA695), TAP Air Portugal (TP8513), JetBlue Airways (B62279), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6779)
United Airlines (UA1596, UA665, UA1753), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6830, SK6826, SK6828), Air China (CA7423), TAP Air Portugal (TP8540)
United Airlines (UA240, UA2394, UA758, UA1702, UA275), Air New Zealand (NZ9530, NZ9542), Singapore Airlines (SQ1375)
United Airlines (UA1702, UA1959, UA1974, UA1527), Avianca (AV2001, AV2003), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6765), TAP Air Portugal (TP8548)
United Airlines (UA247, UA2041, UA2418, UA613, UA2304, UA510), Qantas Airways (QF3664), TAP Air Portugal (TP8547)
United Airlines (UA421, UA2323, UA2322, UA2062, UA1666), TAP Air Portugal (TP8516, TP8514), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6878)
United Airlines (UA4967, UA4887), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH8576, LH8810, LH8882), Austrian Airlines (OS7753), Copa Airlines (CM1274), Air China (CA7443)
Brussels Airlines (SN8867), United Airlines (UA1601, UA1764, UA2375, UA446), TAP Air Portugal (TP8579, TP8577), JetBlue Airways (B62028)
United Airlines (UA2319, UA2239, UA535, UA503, UA613, UA213), Air New Zealand (NZ9110, NZ9107)
SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6838, SK6844), United Airlines (UA3656, UA3415, UA3643, UA3487), Brussels Airlines (SN8883), Air China (CA7445)
Air China (CA7446), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6837), United Airlines (UA3401, UA3651, UA3499, UA3655, UA3402), Brussels Airlines (SN8884)
United Airlines (UA748, UA613, UA1070, UA230, UA395, UA636, UA2193, UA609)
United Airlines (UA743, UA2015, UA1180), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6814), Air Canada (AC5067), Air New Zealand (NZ2348), TAP Air Portugal (TP8482), Asiana Airlines (OZ6479)
United Airlines (UA1783, UA1983, UA1640), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6784, SK6782), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH7778), Air China (CA7431), TAP Air Portugal (TP8566)
Air Canada (AC5662, AC5664), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH7960), Swiss International Air Lines (LX3021), Austrian Airlines (OS7782), Brussels Airlines (SN9008), United Airlines (UA57), Air France (AF3593)
Airport New York - Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ
Other airports in the New York area Long Island-Mac Arthur Airport in Islip (90 km or 60 miles from Manhattan), Westchester County Airport in White Plains (about 60 km or 40 miles north east of downtown Manhattan) and Stewart International Airport in Newburgh about 120 km or 90 miles north of downtown Manhattan.
By far the most popular route are flights from Newark to Heathrow, followed by flights to Tel Aviv. popular national flights inlclude flights from Newark to Orlando and Chicago.
- URL: New York - Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (EWR)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service telephone: +1 973-961-6000; +1 800-EWR-INFO
- Address: Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, NJ 07114, USA
- Operating company: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Parking: yes, paid short and long term parking
- Nearby cities: Elizabeth (5 km), Newark (5 km), Jersey City (9 km), New York (14 km), Paterson (25 km), Edison (28 km), Yonkers (35 km), Stamford (67 km), North Stamford (72 km), Toms River (82 km)
- Directions by car: Interstate I-95 (Exit 13A+14); Interstate I-78 (Exit 57+58) and US-Highway 1/9
- Stations: Airport rail station
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.74%), Tuesday (14.20%), Wednesday (14.72%), Thursday (14.62%), Friday (14.54%), Saturday (12.51%), Sunday (14.66%)
- Alternative spelling: Newark Liberty International Airport, Ньюарк (Нью-Джерси), مطار نيوآرك ليبرتي الدولي, فرودگاه بینالمللی لیبرتی نیوآرک, 뉴어크 리버티 국제공항, ניוארק, ニューアーク・リバティー国際空港
Most popular destinations from New York - Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (Flights per week )
- San Francisco International Airport, CA (177, 3,55 %)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, GA (160, 3,21 %)
- Orlando International Airport, FL (149, 2,99 %)
- Los Angeles International Airport, CA (137, 2,75 %)
- Boston Logan International Airport, MA (125, 2,51 %)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC (120, 2,41 %)
- Houston - George Bush Intercontinental Airport, TX (111, 2,23 %)
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, MI (105, 2,11 %)
- Toronto - City Centre Airport (104, 2,09 %)
- Denver International Airport, CO (100, 2,01 %)
- other (74.14 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- United Airlines (3963, 18,17 %)
- Air Canada (2144, 9,83 %)
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines (1722, 7,90 %)
- Lufthansa (1678, 7,70 %)
- TAP Air Portugal (750, 3,44 %)
- Air New Zealand (717, 3,29 %)
- Air Burkina (637, 2,92 %)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (481, 2,21 %)
- Austrian Airlines (408, 1,87 %)
- Air China (392, 1,80 %)
- other (40.87 %)
Opened in 1928, the airport is about 4 miles south of downtown Newark, about 15 km or 12 miles southwest of downtown Jersey City and about 21 km or 18 miles southwest of downtown Manhattan. To reach the airport take the U.S. Highway 1 / 9, the Interstate I-95 exit 13A and 14, and Interstate I-78 leaving at exit 57 and 58.
Between all three terminals, parking lots and Newark Airport Rail Station, the AirTrain Newark operates a regular service. From Newark Airport Rail Station there are various options, for example Amtrak trains to Boston or Washington, and to Newark - Penn Station and New York City - Penn Station.
From Newark-Penn Station, there are several NJ TRANSIT trains, eg. the Newark Light Rail in Newark. Commuter trains operate to the surrounding communities in New Jersey, for example the Rartian Valley Line to High Bridge, the Northeast Corridor Line to Trenton and NY Penn Station, the North Jersey Coast Line to Hoboken and Bay Head, or the Atlantic City Express Service Line to Atlantic City which only operates at weekends.
Local NJ Transit bus routes 37, 40, 62 and 67 also stop at the airport.
Passengers transferring between Newark and John F. Kennedy and LaGuardia can use several shuttle companies, such as the Olympic Airporter, ETS Air Shuttle or the New York Bus Service Express. Journey time from Newark to JFK is about 75 to 125 minutes, to NY - LaGuardia about 45 to 105 minutes.
Otherwise, passengers can use rental cars, taxis, share vans, hotel buses and limousines to and from the airport.
The airport, opened on 10th January 1928, is the second largest base of Continental Airlines, which operates the majority of its flights from the main terminal at Newark airport. In 1984, Virgin Atlantic Airways first flew from Newark to London. In 2003 Newark was the airport with the furthest non-stop connections flying to destinations such as Hong Kong, Singapore and New Delhi.