Departures Linz-Hoersching (LNZ)Departures flight plan for Saturday, October 19, 2019*
Arrivals Linz-Hoersching (LNZ)Arrivals flight plan for Saturday, October 19, 2019*
5 Flight routes from & to Linz (LNZ)
ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5452), Singapore Airlines (SQ2102), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1250, LH1252, LH1254), Austrian Airlines (OS7212), United Airlines (UA8888), Air Canada (AC9008)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1251, LH1253, LH1257), Austrian Airlines (OS7213), United Airlines (UA8919), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK8543), Air Canada (AC9009), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6112)
- URL: Linz-Hoersching (LNZ)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +43 7221 600-0
- Address: Flughafen Linz - Blue Danube Airport, Flughafenstraße 1, A-4063 Hörsching, Austria
- Operating company: Flughafen Linz GmbH
- Parking: Yes; paid parking: about 3600 short and long term spaces, the first 2 hours in the open air car park and the long term parking are free.
- Nearby cities: Linz (11 km), Salzburg (99 km)
- Directions by car: Either via the exit Traun or Ansfelden, then follow the signs to the airport or use the B 133 and 139.
- Stations: From Linz – Hörsching central bus station, a daily shuttle bus serves the airport.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.94%), Tuesday (14.29%), Wednesday (16.48%), Thursday (16.79%), Friday (15.60%), Saturday (10.37%), Sunday (11.53%)
- Alternative spelling: Linz-Hoersching, Linec, Lincas, Лінц, Линц, Λιντς, لینتس, لينتز, לינץ, ლინცი, लिंज़, ลินซ์, リンツ, 린츠, 林茨
Most popular destinations from Linz-Hoersching (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Austrian Airlines (68, 18,73 %)
- Lufthansa (55, 15,15 %)
- ANA All Nippon Airways (48, 13,22 %)
- United Airlines (31, 8,54 %)
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines (27, 7,44 %)
- Air Canada (24, 6,61 %)
- Singapore Airlines (24, 6,61 %)
- Korean Air (22, 6,06 %)
- Croatia Airlines (14, 3,86 %)
- Eurowings (6, 1,65 %)
- other (12.13 %)
First in use in 1955 , the airport is in Hörsching, about 12 km or 8 miles south west of downtown Linz. Motorists please use the A1highway leaving at exits Traun and Ansfelden or the B 133 and 139.
Between the airport and the main station a daily shuttle bus operates at 60 minute intervals. Current departure times are available locally or on the airport website.
The history of commercial aviation in Linz began early. As early as 30th October 1909 a Zepellin was launched from the market area of the Midi train station Linz. However, the citizens of Linz had another 16 years to wait until the first commercial flight was operated from Linz to Vienna. After the Nazi takeover and Austria’s accession to the Third Reich, the remaining aircraft were moved to the current site in Hörsching in 1939.
During the war and after the surrender no scheduled flights were operated from the airport. Only after regaining full sovereignty and the withdrawal of the Allied forces in 1955, was a mbH founded at Linz airport in order to provide civilian flights from Linz. Only a year later, flight operations started successfully.
Since then, the airport has been in continuous use. In the past 50 years, the airport has experienced a very dynamic history, which was always accompanied by numerous alterations and enlargements. First, in 1972 an airport building to be used as a passenger terminal was opened on the north side, which could however only be used four years later. Then in 1985, a modern instrument landing system was installed for the 3,000 meter runway. After constantly increasing annual passenger numbers, there were plans to expand the existing passenger arrivals terminal in 1998-2003. A year later, a new instrument landing system was installed on the runway 9, and the airport renamed "Blue Danube Airport Linz“.