77 cheap direct flights from & to Istanbul (IST)
Onur Air (8Q416), AtlasGlobal (KK2076), Turkish Airlines (TK1524, TK1528, TK1530), bmi regional (BM6309, BM6305, BM6311)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1304, LH1298), Turkish Airlines (TK1588, TK1598, TK1594), United Airlines (UA9062, UA6903), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5883)
Turkish Airlines (TK1724, TK1726, TK1722, TK1728, TK1294), Onur Air (8Q476)
Turkish Airlines (TK1634, TK1636, TK1630, TK1638), United Airlines (UA6913, UA6911, UA6914), Asiana Airlines (OZ6926)
Egyptair (MS9293, MS9295, MS9291, MS737), Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT (LO4606), Turkish Airlines (TK691, TK693, TK695)
Turkish Airlines (TK377, TK383, TK387, TK379), Egyptair (MS9675, MS9309)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1299, LH1305), Turkish Airlines (TK1587, TK1593), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5882), United Airlines (UA6899, UA9127), Air Canada (AC9476)
Emirates Airline (EK123, EK121), Turkish Airlines (TK763, TK761), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6643), Royal Brunei Airlines (BI3604), Qantas Airways (QF8121, QF8123)
Turkish Airlines (TK869, TK8051), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6641), Etihad Airways (EY4151, EY97), SriLankan Airlines (UL2697), Jet Airways (India) (9W6395), Virgin Australia (VA7097)
Turkish Airlines (TK1888, TK1890, TK1886, TK1884, TK1904), Asiana Airlines (OZ6922), Malindo Air (OD9206)
Egyptair (MS9303, MS9305, MS9302), Turkish Airlines (TK333, TK335, TK339), Azerbaijan Airlines (J275, J277)
Turkish Airlines (TK1944, TK1938, TK1940, TK1942), bmi regional (BM6345, BM6339, BM6341, BM6343)
Turkish Airlines (TK777, TK8348, TK779), Gulf Air (GF45, GF43, GF6079), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6631), Singapore Airlines (SQ6279)
Turkish Airlines (TK1912, TK1910, TK1908, TK1914), Asiana Airlines (OZ6924)
Turkish Airlines (TK1554, TK1556, TK1558, TK1564, TK1552, TK1560)
Turkish Airlines (TK1664, TK1662, TK1668), bmi regional (BM6317, BM6315, BM6321, BM6319, BM6313)
- URL: Istanbul (IST)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service telephone: +90 444 1 442
- Address: İstanbul Havalimanı, Mahallesi Terminal Caddesi, No:1 Arnavutköy/İstanbul, Türkiye
- Operating company: IGA Havalimanı İşletmesi A.Ş.
- Parking: 40,000 parking spaces are planned: 18,000 indoors, the others in an open parking lot.
- Nearby cities: Esenyurt (13 km), Istanbul (13 km), Gebze (56 km), Çorlu (88 km), Bursa (90 km), Izmit (96 km), Bandırma (99 km)
- Directions by car: Currently only buses (up to 140 shuttle buses daily)
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.48%), Tuesday (13.92%), Wednesday (14.03%), Thursday (14.00%), Friday (14.49%), Saturday (14.69%), Sunday (14.39%)
- Alternative spelling: İstanbul Havalimanı, İstanbul Yeni Havalimanı, Mevlana Havalimanı
Most popular destinations from Istanbul (Flights per week )
- Tehran (101, 3,12 %)
- Dubai (70, 2,16 %)
- London Heathrow (66, 2,04 %)
- Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion International (65, 2,01 %)
- Paris - Charles de Gaulle (55, 1,70 %)
- Beirut (52, 1,61 %)
- Cairo International (48, 1,48 %)
- Baku (48, 1,48 %)
- Kuwait-Kuwait International (48, 1,48 %)
- Frankfurt-Main (45, 1,39 %)
- other (81.53 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
The airport is located approximately 40 km northwest of Taksim Square near the district of Tayakadin. It can be reached via the O-6 motorway and the D-020 highway.
At the moment there is only a shuttle bus service operating to and from the new airport. This is operated by the Istanbul city administration and the private company İstanbul Otobüs A.Ş. The buses run regularly between the airport and the following stops: IST1-Yenikapi, IST2-Tüyap, IST3 Bus Station, IST7-Kozyatağı, IST19-Taksim, H2-Mecidiyeköy, H3-Halkali, H4-Atatürk Airport.
An airport metro station is currently under construction and is expected to open in the summer of 2019.
Istanbul Atatürk Airport has been at the limit of its capacity for years. Expansion is only possible to a limited extent due to housing close to the airport. For this reason, the city administration decided to develop an entirely new airport. A disused colliery was chosen as a suitable location for the project, which is located approximately 40 km northwest of Taksim Square near the districts of Yeniköy and Akpinar. The foundation stone was officially put in place in June 2014. Construction will be carried out in a total of four stages and is expected to be completed by 2027. Once completed, the airport will be able to handle up to 200 million passengers a year, making it the world's largest airport.