7 Flight routes from & to Indianapolis (IND)
Westjet (WS6859, WS6647, WS6649, WS6651), Korean Air (KE7545), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK6849), Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS4652), Jet Airways (India) (9W7705)
Allegiant Air (G4105, G4121, G4252), Frontier Airlines (F92041, F92039), Southwest Airlines (WN100, WN142, WN701)
Westjet (WS6647, WS6649, WS6651, WS6653, WS7587), Delta Air Lines (DL6034, DL6041), American Airlines (AA4535)
Allegiant Air (G41801, G41818, G41812, G41859, G41861), Southwest Airlines (WN2849, WN1199, WN2131)
Allegiant Air (G41800, G41840, G41804, G41847, G41834, G41831), Southwest Airlines (WN177, WN3178)
Gol Transportes Aéreos (G38491), Delta Air Lines (DL1055, DL2050), Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS3389), Frontier Airlines (F91091, F91092, F91090), Southwest Airlines (WN695)
American Airlines (AA4444, AA4345, AA4654, AA4681, AA4459, AA4619, AA4460, AA4793)
Airport Indianapolis International Airport, IN
- URL: Indianapolis International Airport, IN (IND)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service telephone: +1 317 487-7243
- Address: Indianapolis International Airport, 7800 Col. H. Weir Cook Memorial Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46241, USA
- Operating company: Indianapolis Airport Authority
- Parking: Yes, paid parking; 10915 short-term and long-term spaces, including a parking garage with 1800 places.
- Nearby cities: Indianapolis (13 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is about 12 km or 8 miles south west of downtown. The main terminal may be reached on the Interstate #70 exit 68.
- Stations: The city of Indianapolis is linked to the Amtrak rail network with the "Cardinal" route from Chicago to New York.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.81%), Tuesday (14.18%), Wednesday (13.88%), Thursday (13.96%), Friday (14.44%), Saturday (13.19%), Sunday (15.54%)
- Alternative spelling: Indianapolis International Airport, Indijanapolis, Індыянапаліс, Индијанаполис, Индианаполис (Индиана), Індіанаполіс, Ιντιανάπολις, 인디애나폴리스, इंडियानापोलिस, อินเดียแนโพลิส, ინდიანაპოლისი, אינדיאנפוליס, 印第安納波利斯, インディアナポリス, إنديانابوليس، إنديانا, ایندیاناپولیس, Ինդիանապոլիս
Most popular destinations from Indianapolis International Airport, IN (Flights per week )
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport, IL (136, 6,44 %)
- Houston - George Bush Intercontinental Airport, TX (96, 4,54 %)
- Denver International Airport, CO (82, 3,88 %)
- New York - John F. Kennedy International Airport, NY (80, 3,79 %)
- Boston Logan International Airport, MA (71, 3,36 %)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, GA (67, 3,17 %)
- New York - La Guardia Airport, NY (66, 3,12 %)
- New York - Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (64, 3,03 %)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC (55, 2,60 %)
- Washington DC - Ronald Reagan National Airport, VA (54, 2,56 %)
- other (63.51 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- American Airlines (1176, 27,38 %)
- Delta Air Lines (1122, 26,12 %)
- United Airlines (1024, 23,84 %)
- Southwest Airlines (696, 16,20 %)
- Spirit Airlines (113, 2,63 %)
- Air Canada (64, 1,49 %)
- Allegiant Air (34, 0,79 %)
- Frontier Airlines (32, 0,75 %)
- Alaska Airlines (19, 0,44 %)
- Hopscotch Air (11, 0,26 %)
- other (0.1 %)
First opened in 1931, the airport is located at the end of Sam Jones Expressway, about 12 km or 8 miles southwest of downtown Indianapolis. It is easy to reach leaving the Interstate at exit 70 and 68.
Between the airport and downtown and the Amtrak Railway Station the "IndyGo" Airport Express and bus number 8 operate a regular service. Departure times are available locally. There is also a regular shuttle bus transport between the airport and some cities in the vicinity, such as Champaign / Urbana, Illinois, Bloomington and Lafayette.
Since 2006, Indianapolis International Airport has been the only commercial airport in the United States to be entirely managed by a private company. The airport was opened in September 1931 and is now the largest airport in the U.S. state of Indiana and a major hub for FedEx. The airport is also hub for the airline AirTran Airways. In 1944, the airport was named Weir Cook Airport, after Lt.. Col. Harvey Weir Cook from Wilkinson, Indiana, a pilot for the US army Air Force in the First and Second World War.