Departures Frankfurt-Main (FRA)Departures flight plan for Friday, June 25, 2021*
Arrivals Frankfurt-Main (FRA)Arrivals flight plan for Friday, June 25, 2021*
428 cheap direct flights from & to Frankfurt (FRA)
Condor (DE2033), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH491), United Airlines (UA8718), Air Canada (AC9464)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1306, LH1308), Middle East Airlines (ME218)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1126, LH1132, LH1138), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK3382), Etihad Airways (EY4173), South African Airways (SA7832), Air Canada (AC9186), Avianca (AV6515)
Air China (CA6251, CA7109), Japan Airlines (JL5513), Korean Air (KE7967), LATAM Chile (LA8071), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH506), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5896), Singapore Airlines (SQ2196)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1304, LH1298), Turkish Airlines (TK1588, TK1598, TK1594), United Airlines (UA9062, UA6903), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5883)
Swiss International Air Lines (LX4020), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH600), Iran Air (IR720, IR1600)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH456, LH450), Air New Zealand (NZ4216, NZ4200), Austrian Airlines (OS7319), Brussels Airlines (SN7250), United Airlines (UA8845), Air India (AI8641)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH463), Austrian Airlines (OS7324), United Airlines (UA8848), Thai Airways (TG7625), Condor (DE3733)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1427, LH1429), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK3733), Ethiopian Airlines (ET1596), United Airlines (UA9125), TAP Air Portugal (TP7541), Air Canada (AC9520), Bulgaria Air (FB437)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1426, LH1428), TAP Air Portugal (TP7540), United Airlines (UA9124), Air Canada (AC9487), Ethiopian Airlines (ET1599), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK3732), Bulgaria Air (FB438)
United Airlines (UA9395, UA9321), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1152, LH1154), Condor (DE1502, DE1504), TUI fly (X32128, X32432)
Swiss International Air Lines (LX4042), Ethiopian Airlines (ET1580, ET707), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH598, LH9694), United Airlines (UA9112), Air Canada (AC9198), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5351)
Condor (DE848), Société Tunisienne de l'Air-Tunisair (TU647), Nouvelair Tunisie (BJ2637)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH440, LH7601), Air New Zealand (NZ4218), United Airlines (UA8866, UA47), Air Canada (AC9465, AC5743)
Malaysia Airlines (MH4518), Emirates Airline (EK48, EK46, EK44), Qantas Airways (QF8048, QF8046), Air Canada (AC9088), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH630)
Condor (DE31, DE775), TUI fly (X36103, X36447), SunExpress Deutschland (XG4940, XG2340), FlexFlight (W21245)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH457, LH451), Air India (AI8640, AI8642), Brussels Airlines (SN7251), Air New Zealand (NZ4217), Austrian Airlines (OS7320), United Airlines (UA8844)
El Al Israel Airlines (LY357, LY355), TAP Air Portugal (TP8914), American Airlines (AA8383), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH695, LH687, LH691), Brussels Airlines (SN7168)
Plans by the airport company Fraport AG provide for substantial investment in the airport’s infrastructure in order to cope with the future growth in traffic and also to maintain competitiveness. These include the construction of a A380 hangar. The first phase of construction was completed in 2008. A new 2,800 m long runway is to be built in the northwest of the airport, which is to be taken into operation in time for the winter flight schedule in 2011. Terminal 3 is expected to be opened in 2018. Reason for the plans is the expected traffic growth per year from currently 490,000 to about 700,000 in 2010.
There are also plans to expand the Cargocity area by 27 hectares. At the same time, a new district will be created by 2016 - Gateway Gardens. Besides offices, conference and exhibition centres, the area will also inlcude catering, retail and leisure facilities. These will be close to the ICE railway station and have their own S-Bahn station. The largest industrial park is being planned in the Mönchhof Gelände, and this will also have a direct transport link to the airport as well as space for the airline companies.
- URL: Frankfurt-Main (FRA)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 180 - 6 372 4636 (Festnetzpreis 20 Cent pro Anruf aus dem deutschen Festnetz; maximal 60 Cent pro Anruf aus dem Mobilfunknetz)
- Address: Frankfurt am Main Airport, Services Worldwide, D-60547 Frankfurt am Main
- Operating company: Fraport AG
- Parking: yes, paid short and longterm parking.
- Nearby cities: Frankfurt am Main (14 km), Offenbach (18 km), Darmstadt (19 km), Mainz (20 km), Wiesbaden (22 km), Mannheim (60 km), Ludwigshafen (61 km), Heidelberg (69 km), Koblenz (76 km)
- Directions by car: A3, A5, national carriageway 43.
- Stations: Deutsche Bahn: two train stations are directly connected to terminal 1, the train station for trains is in the AIRail terminal is near Terminal 1.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.48%), Tuesday (14.37%), Wednesday (14.43%), Thursday (14.59%), Friday (14.69%), Saturday (13.29%), Sunday (14.13%)
- Alternative spelling: FFM, Frankfurt-Main Int'l Airport, Frankfurt am Main, Francfort-sur-le-Main, Fráncfort, Francoforte sul Meno, Frankforts, Francuforte, Fráncfort del Meno, Frankfurtas, Frankfurte, Franckfort, Francuforti, Франкфурт, Φρανκφούρτη, Φραγκφούρτη, فرانکفورت آم ماین, فرینکفرٹ, فرانكفورت, פרנקפורט, ფრანკფურტი, Ֆրանկֆուրտ, फ्रैंकफर्ट, பிராங்க்ஃபுர்ட், ফ্রাঙ্কফুর্ট, फ्रांकफुर्ट, แฟรงก์เฟิร์ต, ฟรังค์ฟูร์ทอัมไมน์, フランクフルト, 프랑크푸르트, 法蘭克福, 法兰克福
Most popular destinations from Frankfurt-Main (Flights per week )
- London Heathrow (140, 2,48 %)
- Hamburg (120, 2,12 %)
- Munich (119, 2,11 %)
- Paris - Charles de Gaulle (103, 1,82 %)
- Vienna International (98, 1,73 %)
- Amsterdam-Schiphol (88, 1,56 %)
- Brussels (79, 1,40 %)
- Madrid-Barajas (79, 1,40 %)
- Zurich (Zürich)-Kloten (78, 1,38 %)
- Milan-Linate (69, 1,22 %)
- other (82.78 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Lufthansa (4937, 12,33 %)
- United Airlines (4861, 12,14 %)
- Air Canada (3280, 8,19 %)
- ANA All Nippon Airways (2250, 5,62 %)
- TAP Air Portugal (1624, 4,06 %)
- Singapore Airlines (1259, 3,15 %)
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines (1207, 3,02 %)
- Air China (1207, 3,02 %)
- Air Burkina (1015, 2,54 %)
- Austrian Airlines (931, 2,33 %)
- other (43.6 %)
Rhine-Main airport is located about 12 km or 8 miles southwest of downtown Frankfurt. Motorists can reach the terminals on the A3, A5, A67 and B43.
Incoming buses stop at the bus station by Terminal 1, just in front of the arrivals halls and outside the arrivals hall at Terminal 2 on the second level. The SkyLine shuttle also operates regularly between the terminals.
Between the regional airport at Terminal 1 and the main train station several regional trains operated by Deutsche Bahn also provide a service along with the S-Bahn lines S8 and S9. The AIRTERMINAL airport train station is served by ICE and IC trains (DB intercity trains).
Also known as the Rhein-Main Airport, Frankfurt Airport was first in use in 1936 and is now the largest aviation hub in Germany. The airport played a central role during the Berlin blockade, and was a bridgehead of the Berlin Airlift of 1948-49. The airlift memorial, also called Hungerkralle (hunger claw) reminds of the flights of the so-called Rosinenbomber (Raisin Bombers) and has its counterpart at the airport Berlin-Tempelhof.
In the 50s and 60s of the 20th Century, the north runway was expanded and Terminal 1 and a third runway also built. Terminal 2 was opened in 1994 and the train station in 1999. In May 2009, work was begun on constructing a new runway.