Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International travel tips
Montreal's summer charm
Montreal combines European charm with North American culture. You will find traditional architecture, huge parks for playing boules, crazy clubs, legendary festivals and very good food in this Canadian city which is surrounded by water.
Winters in Montreal are long, cold and dark and the best time to visit is during the summer. Montreal comes to life during the summer months when everything happens outdoors: from May to September, entire streets are closed to traffic, there are festivals taking place every week, picnics in the park replace dinner, and everyone is out in the fresh air enjoying constant temperatures between 25 and 35 degrees.
Popular festivals in Summer include the International Jazz Festival, the Montebello Rockfest: One of the biggest punk rock festivals in North America, held not far from Montreal and Osheaga, which is an alternative to Coachella.
Getting to and around Montreal
US citizens will need valid passports.
Trudeau Airport is located about 20 km from downtown Montreal. The quickest way to get from Montreal Airport (YUL) to the center is by cab which costs between around $35 - $50 and takes 17 minutes. The express bus will cost around 9 Canadian dollars for an adult fare to the center, the local bus is cheaper, costing approx. 3 Canadian dollars (please note that exact change is needed).
Local transportation within the downtown area is by bus, metro, taxi or rental bicycle, but is also a very walkable city.
Most frequent connection from Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International
Top Flight Routes
- Miami - Los Angeles from $165.00
- Orlando - New York from $39.50
- Honolulu - Lihue from $132.00
- Miami - San Francisco from $197.12
- Boston - Miami from $160.77
- San Francisco - New York from $78.00
- Philadelphia - San Francisco from $142.85
- Washington DC - Orlando from $103.25
- Atlanta - New Orleans from $115.46
- Boston - Chicago O'Hare from $106.00
- Boston - Las Vegas from $165.43
- Fort Lauderdale - San Francisco from $297.56