Calgary travel tips
Calgary: sun or snow
Calgary is a multi-cultural city: over 120 languages are spoken here. The city boasts great shopping districts, top restaurants, beautiful nature with rivers and hiking trails in and around the city, and enough sights to make any vacation seem too short.
Calgary is the sunniest city in Canada and the gateway to the Rocky Mountains.
The best time to visit the city is between June and August to make the most of local events and warmer summer weather. For skiing and winter sports in general November to March is the best time to head to the region.
Accommodation, getting there and around
US citizens do not need a visa to enter Canada as a tourist. Passports should be valid.
In the downtown area there are modern city hotels, boutique hotels, spa hotels and hostels.
The ride from airport to the city center takes only 20 minutes. Transit Bus 300 (Route 300 - BRT Airport / City) will take you downtown for ca. 9.50 Canadian dollars. Cabs are available for about 40 CAD.
Most frequent connection from Calgary
Top Flight Routes
- New York - Hilo from $218.00
- Honolulu - Kahului from $86.00
- San Diego - San Francisco from $43.83
- San Diego - Las Vegas from $90.99
- Washington-DC - Orlando from $135.81
- San Diego - New York from $181.00
- Kahului - San Francisco from $254.00
- Atlanta - New Orleans from $113.67
- Washington DC - Miami from $165.14
- Washington-DC - Chicago from $113.45
- Boston - Newark from $66.00
- Austin - New York from $282.08
- Los Angeles - Washington-DC from $195.44