Airport Yamagata Junmachi
- URL: Yamagata Junmachi (GAJ)
- Time zone: GMT 9
- Service telephone: +81 237-47-3111
- Address: Yamagata Airport, Higashine City, Yamagata Prefecture, Oaza Hanyu, Aza Kashiwabara Shinbayashi 3008, Honshu, Japan
- Operating company: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (Japan) & Yamagata Airport Building Co., Ltd.
- Parking: Yes, paid short and long stay parking.
- Nearby cities: Yamagata (18 km), Sendai (48 km), Sakata (72 km), Fukushima (74 km), Ishinomaki (81 km)
- Directions by car: Access to the airport is signposted on highway 13, in the city of Higashine and about 18 km or 12 miles north of Yamagata.
- Stations: Jimmachi Railway Station is near the airport and is served by the Ou Main Line operated by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East) on a regualr basis. Yamagata Shinkansen trains also stop here.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.07%), Tuesday (14.50%), Wednesday (14.50%), Thursday (14.50%), Friday (14.50%), Saturday (14.50%), Sunday (13.41%)
- Alternative spelling: Ямагата, Јамагата, یاماگاتا, ياماغاتا, יאמאגטה, यामागाता, ยะมะงะตะ, 야마가타 시, 山形市
Most popular destinations from Yamagata Junmachi (Flights per week )
The airport was opened in 1964 and is located approximately 18 km or 11 miles north of Yamagata, adjacent to the Railway Station in the city of Jinmachi Higashine. It is easy to reach from Yamagata on the highway 13.Arrival and departure is possible using taxis, rental cars, shuttle buses and trains.