Departures Trieste (TRS)Departures flight plan for Tuesday, February 25, 2020*
Arrivals Trieste (TRS)Arrivals flight plan for Tuesday, February 25, 2020*
8 Flight routes from & to Trieste (TRS)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1934, LH1936, LH1938), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK3576, SK3580), United Airlines (UA8798, UA9283), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6247)
- URL: Trieste (TRS)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +39 481 773-224
- Address: Aeroporto di Trieste-Ronchi dei Legionari, Via Aquileia 46, 34077 Ronchi dei Legionari (GO), Italia
- Operating company: Aeroporto Friuli Venezia Giulia S.p.A.
- Parking: Yes, paid parking for about 1100 vehicles – short and long-term.
- Nearby cities: Trieste (31 km), Ljubljana (85 km), Rijeka (91 km), Venezia (99 km)
- Directions by car: A4/E70 towards Trieste motorway, exit "Redipuglia", then continue on the main road SS14 towards Venice, where the airport is signposted.
- Stations: From Trieste Udine ZOB central bus station the shuttle bus number 51 goes directly to the airport, the service operates every day. Alternatively, go to Monfalcone station and then use the bus numbers 1 or 26 to get to the airport.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.60%), Tuesday (14.47%), Wednesday (14.48%), Thursday (14.88%), Friday (14.73%), Saturday (12.28%), Sunday (14.56%)
- Alternative spelling: Ronchi dei Legionari, Trieste, Trst, Триест, Τεργέστη, Трыест, Trieszt, Tergeste, Triëst, Трст, Terst, Τεργέστη, Трієст, トリエステ, 트리에스테, 的里雅斯特, ტრიესტი, ट्राइस्टे, 트리 에스테, ट्रिएस्ट, טריאסטה, ترييستي, تریسته
Most popular destinations from Trieste (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
The airport is located about 33 km or 20 miles north west of the regional capital of Trieste, Ronchi dei Legionari. Passengers arriving by car from out of town please take the highway A4/E70 to exit "Redipuglia" and then follow the signs to the airport. Alternatively, from Venice and Trieste it is also possible to use the SS14. Motorists coming from the region of Gorizia use the SS351 to Sagrado and then take the SS305 to the airport.
A regular shuttle bus service is operated by the transport company APT Gorizia from Trieste and Udine with coach service number 51 and from Gorizia, Grado and Monfalcone, using the coach service numbers 1 and 26.
The beginnings of aviation in the border region of Italy go back as far as the winter of 1935, when an air base for the Italian Air Force was officially established here for surveillance flights. After the Second World War, the Municipality of Trieste recognised the huge importance and potential of the airport due the border location and the total population of about 5 million inhabitants in the catchment area of the neighbouring countries.
However, the airport was only actually used for international flights many years later in 1961. In 1965, the runway was extended because of heavy demand and a new terminal was built. There was no lack of success and just 5 years later in the fiscal year of 1970, Trieste was proudly able to count 100 000 passengers. Subsequently plans went ahead to expand the runway further to measure a total of 3,000 m. In addition, the airport was now able to operate to international destinations. By 1996, the number of passengers had increased fivefold This meant that the provincial government decided to establish an airport authority, in order to take care of running the airport. In 1998, further expansion of the airport was undertaken followed by the construction of a new terminal, which together with the old terminal is able to process up to 1.5 million passengers annually without delay. This number of passengers has not yet been reached.