Currently the airfield is used primarily by private charter flights and flight schools. In the coming years, however, it will be expanded into a regional airport. The runway will be extended from its current 1,500 m to 2,500 m, so that from 2013, larger passenger and cargo planes can also take off and land here.
- URL: Kassel (KSF)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 (0) 5674 2153-0
- Address: Flughafen Kassel-Calden, Fieseler-Storch-Straße 40, 34379 Calden, Deutschland
- Operating company: Flughafen GmbH Kassel
- Parking: yes, free parking
- Nearby cities: Kassel (13 km), Göttingen (41 km), Paderborn (54 km), Bielefeld (91 km), Hildesheim (92 km)
- Directions by car: Federal highway 7
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (10.34%), Tuesday (10.34%), Wednesday (20.69%), Thursday (10.34%), Friday (10.34%), Saturday (24.14%), Sunday (13.79%)
- Alternative spelling: Kasel, Кассель, Касел, Касель, Κάσσελ, كاسل, کاسل, קאסל, კასელი, คัสเซิล, 카셀, カッセル, 卡塞尔, 卡塞爾
Most popular destinations from Kassel (Flights per week )
The airport is located about 13 km or 8 miles northwest of Kassel. It is connected to the federal road B7. Visitors coming from the highway A44 should take the exit and follow the B7 towards Breuna. From the motorway A 49 it is possible to access the airport via Südkreuz Kassel on the A44 towards Dortmund, taking the exit Zierenberg towards Calden.