Regular Japanese domestic flights operate to all major airports in the country, such as Centrair to Nagoya, Osaka, Kobe, Fukuoka, Yakushima, Matsuyama, Nagasaki and Tokyo-Haneda. International flights regularly serve the airports of Shanghai Pudong or Seoul-Incheon.
- URL: Kagoshima (KOJ)
- Time zone: GMT 9
- Service telephone: +81 995-58-5050
- Address: Kagoshima Airport, 〒 899-6494, Kirishima City, Kagoshima Prefecture, Kyushu, Japan
- Operating company: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (Japan) & Kagoshima Airport Terminal Building Co., Ltd.
- Parking: Yes, charged short-and long-term parking.
- Nearby cities: Kagoshima (28 km), Miyakonojo (34 km), Miyazaki (68 km), Yatsushiro (78 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is on the Kyushu Expressway toll road and on the highway 504, it is located approximately 32 km or 20 miles northeast of Kagoshima.
- Stations: Kagoshima is a regular stop of the Kyushu Shinkansen and the Kagoshima Main Line trains operated by the Kyushu Railway Company (JR Kyushu).
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.21%), Tuesday (14.10%), Wednesday (14.03%), Thursday (14.18%), Friday (14.51%), Saturday (14.13%), Sunday (14.86%)
- Alternative spelling: Kagošima, Kagosima, Кагошима, Кагосима, Кагосіма, كاغوشيما, کاگوشیما, קאגושימה, कागोशिमा, 가고시마 시, 鹿児島市, 鹿儿岛市
Most popular destinations from Kagoshima (Flights per week )
- Tokyo-Haneda International Airport (176, 17,55 %)
- Osaka-Itami International Airport (120, 11,96 %)
- Amami (59, 5,88 %)
- Nagoya - Centrair (40, 3,99 %)
- Yaku Shima (34, 3,39 %)
- Tanegashima (32, 3,19 %)
- Tokuno Shima (32, 3,19 %)
- Osaka-Kansai International Airport (32, 3,19 %)
- Okinawa-Ryukyo Island-Naha (32, 3,19 %)
- Okino Erabu (24, 2,39 %)
- other (42.08 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Japan Airlines (954, 47,56 %)
- ANA All Nippon Airways (592, 29,51 %)
- Solaseed Air (176, 8,77 %)
- Peach Aviation (128, 6,38 %)
- Ibex Airlines (48, 2,39 %)
- Hong Kong Express Airways (32, 1,60 %)
- Korean Air (24, 1,20 %)
- Jetstar Japan (24, 1,20 %)
- Fuji Dream Airlines (16, 0,80 %)
- other (0.60 %)
First in use in 1957, the airport is located near the city of Kirishima and is about 32 km or 20 miles from downtown Kagoshima. It is accessible on the Kyushu Expressway, the National Road 504 and the road 56. Arrival and departure is possible using shuttle buses and taxis.