Departures Edinburgh (EDI)Departures flight plan for Sunday, March 7, 2021*
Arrivals Edinburgh (EDI)Arrivals flight plan for Sunday, March 7, 2021*
7 Flight routes from & to Edinburgh (EDI)
Singapore Airlines (SQ2150), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH962, LH964), Austrian Airlines (OS7307, OS7309), Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT (LO4731)
Cathay Pacific Airways (CX9327), flybe (BE291, BE293), Finnair (AY6715), Emirates Airline (EK4161), Etihad Airways (EY6144, EY6172), Singapore Airlines (SQ2453)
- URL: Edinburgh (EDI)
- Time zone: GMT 0
- Service telephone: +44 (0) 844 481 8989 (Main Switchboard)
- Address: Edinburgh Airport, Edinburgh, EH12 9DN, United Kingdom
- Operating company: BAA plc
- Parking: Yes, the short and long-term parking lots may be used on payment of a fee.
- Nearby cities: Edinburgh (11 km), Glasgow (56 km), Dundee (66 km)
- Directions by car: Freeways M9, M90 and the A8.
- Stations: The main railway station Waverly is in the centre of Edinburgh.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.87%), Tuesday (14.67%), Wednesday (14.77%), Thursday (16.02%), Friday (15.88%), Saturday (9.84%), Sunday (12.94%)
- Alternative spelling: Edinbourough, Edinborg, Edinburg, Dùn Èideann, Edimburg, Caeredin, Edinburgas, Edynburg, Edimburgo, Edinburq, Edėnborgs, Edinburg, Edimborg, Edinburga, Edimbùrgh, Edinboarch, Edinburc, Édimbourg, Edimburgu, Единбург, Эдынбург, Эдинбург, Εδιμβούργο, אדינבורו, ادینبرو, إدنبرة, ایڈنبرا, Էդինբուրգ, ედინბურგი, எடின்பரோ, এডিনবরা, एडिनबर्ग, एडिनबरा, എഡിൻബറോ, เอดินบะระ, エディンバラ, 에든버러, 愛丁堡, 爱丁堡
Most popular destinations from Edinburgh (Flights per week )
- London Heathrow (130, 9,98 %)
- London City Airport (77, 5,91 %)
- Amsterdam-Schiphol (59, 4,53 %)
- London Gatwick (58, 4,45 %)
- Dublin (53, 4,07 %)
- Birmingham (50, 3,84 %)
- Bristol International Airport (30, 2,30 %)
- Southampton-Eastleigh (30, 2,30 %)
- Belfast City Airport (29, 2,23 %)
- Paris - Charles de Gaulle (29, 2,23 %)
- other (58.16 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
Following the privatization of BAA, linking the airport to the rail network is planned for 2007, so that from 2009, a direct link will exist to the Edinburgh Tram Network etc. There are long-term plans to turn Edinburgh airport into the busiest airport in Scotland by 2030, with a yearly turnover of 26 million passengers. Due to its central position, Edinburgh Airport is easily accessed via the M9 and M90 motorways. It is also close to the Fife Circle and Edinburgh-Glasgow train lines. The airport may also be reached from the north and west using the A8 from Edinburgh towards Glasgow. A connection between the airport and the city center of Edinburgh as well as the Inverkeithing Railway Station in Fife is momentarily provided by the Express buses (Airlink 100). Lothian Buses provides a bus service with its route 35 running between the airport and Leith’s Ocean Terminal via South Gyle, Sighthill and Fountainbridge. Airdirect 747 has been operated since 20.02.2006 by Stagecoach, linking the airport with the Inverkeithing Railway Station and Ferrytoll Park & Ride. Edinburgh’s central station Waverly is in the city center and may be reached by bus or taxi. Most trains also go from Edinburgh Haymarket Station, which is to be found on the main route between the airport and the city center.
After the Second World War, the airport initially remained under military control. In the mid 1940’s, first commercial flights were taken up, including by British European Airways in 1947 with the route Edinburgh - London. In 1971, British Airports Authority (BAA) took over the airport and continued modernization of this growing airport. The only international flights in the 1980’s flew to Amsterdam and Dublin. Only in subsequent years were flights to destinations in Germany and France added to the itinerary. Most popular destinations include Frankfurt and Paris, but also Alicante, Brussels, Malaga, New York, Palma de Mallorca and Prague; New York is the most popular long-haul destination and Spain the favorite tourist destination.