Departures Dortmund (DTM)Departures flight plan for Monday, March 30, 2020*
Arrivals Dortmund (DTM)Arrivals flight plan for Monday, March 30, 2020*
25 cheap direct flights from & to Dortmund (DTM)
Eurowings (EW4064, EW4062, EW4066), Air Canada (AC6959), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH5054, LH5052, LH5056), United Airlines (UA9656)
Eurowings (EW4065, EW4067, EW4063, EW4069), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH5055, LH5053, LH5057), Air Canada (AC6168)
- URL: Dortmund (DTM)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 231 92 13 -01
- Address: Flughafen Dortmund, Flughafenring 11, Postfach 13 02 61, D-44319 Dortmund
- Operating company: Flughafen Dortmund GmbH
- Parking: Yes, about 5100 short and long term parking spaces, the first 10 minutes in car park P1 are free.
- Nearby cities: Dortmund (11 km), Hagen (21 km), Witten (22 km), Hamm (22 km), Bochum (28 km), Herne (28 km), Recklinghausen (31 km), Gelsenkirchen-Alt (34 km), Wuppertal (41 km), Essen (42 km)
- Directions by car: Highway A44/E331 and B1
- Stations: The nearest railway station is in Holzwickede.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (16.77%), Tuesday (14.31%), Wednesday (14.47%), Thursday (14.88%), Friday (16.35%), Saturday (11.95%), Sunday (11.27%)
- Alternative spelling: Дортмунд, Ντόρτμουντ, Դորտմունդ, დორტმუნდი, דורטמונד, डॉर्टमुंड, ดอร์ทมุนด์, دورتموند, دورتموند, ドルトムント, 도르트문트, 多特蒙德
Most popular destinations from Dortmund (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
First opened in 1960, the airport is near Holzwickede, about 12 km or 8 miles east of Dortmund inner city and about 5 km or 3 miles west of the city of Unna. Motorists should use the A-44/E331 or the national road B1.
The AirportExpress operates a service between Dortmund central bus station and the airport at 60 minute intervals, the journey takes about 25 minutes. An airport shuttle also goes from the Terminal to Holzwickede station nearby, where passengers may take trains for example to Dortmund or Hamm. A regular bus service from Dortmund is provided by the bus number 440. The bus C41 operates a service between Unna and the airport on weekdays between about 6 am and 10 pm at 60 minute intervals. All current departure times are available locally or on the Internet.
The airport was originally in another location in the district of Brackel. From 1926 onwards, 12 aircraft took off from here every day. The start of WW2 ended civilian air traffic in Brackel. In 1955, the Federal Republic of Germany was again granted air sovereignty. In 1960, the authorities looked for a new location for civilian air traffic as British missilies were stationed in Dortmund-Brackelt.
In 1971 Flughafen Dortmund GmbH took charge of operations in the new location.
The first scheduled flights were operated in 1979 by RFG - Reise-and Industrieflug GmbH, later called Eurowings AG, with the route Dortmund - Munich. A new runway was constructed measuring 850 m (plus 100 m of tarmac stopping area), which had a width of 30 m. It now calls itself the Ruhrgebiet runway and was opened in 1983. A few years later it was extended to 1050 m and finally in the year 2000 was further extended to its current length of 2000 m.