Departures Berlin-Schoenefeld (SXF)Departures flight plan for Monday, October 14, 2019*
Arrivals Berlin-Schoenefeld (SXF)Arrivals flight plan for Monday, October 14, 2019*
127 cheap direct flights from & to Berlin-Schoenefeld (SXF)
Germania (ST2972, ST3914), Pegasus Airlines (PC5444, PC5644), Corendon Airlines (XC812, XC816, XC820, XC824)
easyJet (U24525, U24527, U24529, U24531, U24535, U24533)
Norwegian Air International (D83303, D83301), easyJet (U24557, U24555, U24553, U24559, U24549)
The federal states of Berlin and Brandenburg and the Federal Republic of Germany are joint shareholders of the airport operator Flughafen Berlin-Schoenefeld GmbH (FBS). Since 1996, the airport company together with the states of Berlin and Brandenburg and the Federal Government, is planning to expand Schönefeld to a single large airport, the BBI (Berlin-Brandenburg International Airport) by 2011. Schonefeld will then be the major passenger and air cargo airport in the region. With its completion, Tegel Airport will be closed.
From 03/06/2012, 22-25 million passengers can be handled at Berlin Brandenburg International BBI, in a second stage, the capacity will be increased to 40 million passengers.
- URL: Berlin-Schoenefeld (SXF)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 30 609 11150
- Address: Flughafen Berlin-Schönefeld, D-12521 Berlin
- Operating company: Flughafen Berlin-Schönefeld GmbH (FBS)
- Parking: yes; paid parking – about 5900 short and long term spaces.
- Nearby cities: Berlin (17 km), Potsdam (31 km)
- Directions by car: A117 (exit Treptow), A113 (exit Schönefeld-Süd) and the B96a und B179
- Stations: S-Bahnhof Berlin-Schönefeld (AirportExpress, S9, S45 and RB/RE trains)
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.72%), Tuesday (14.86%), Wednesday (14.97%), Thursday (16.12%), Friday (16.46%), Saturday (8.49%), Sunday (13.37%)
- Alternative spelling: Schoenefeld, Schoenefeld, Берлин-Шёнефельд, Берлин-Шёнефельд, ベルリン・シェーネフェルト, ベルリン・シェーネフェルト, 柏林－舍讷费尔德, 柏林－舍讷费尔德, Schonefeld, Schonefeld
Most popular destinations from Berlin-Schoenefeld (Flights per week )
- Moscow-Sheremetyevo (40, 7,58 %)
- Copenhagen (22, 4,17 %)
- Oslo-Gardermoen (21, 3,98 %)
- Amsterdam-Schiphol (20, 3,79 %)
- Antalya (19, 3,60 %)
- Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion International (19, 3,60 %)
- Istanbul - Sabiha Gökcen (18, 3,41 %)
- Palma de Mallorca (16, 3,03 %)
- St. Petersburg - Pulkovo (16, 3,03 %)
- London Gatwick (15, 2,84 %)
- other (60.97 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- easyJet (631, 57,16 %)
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines (112, 10,14 %)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle (90, 8,15 %)
- Wizz Air (76, 6,88 %)
- Pegasus Airlines (58, 5,25 %)
- Norwegian Air International (28, 2,54 %)
- El Al Israel Airlines (24, 2,17 %)
- Onur Air (15, 1,36 %)
- Belavia - Belarusian Airlines (12, 1,09 %)
- Egyptair (12, 1,09 %)
- other (4.17 %)
First opened for use in 1946, the airport is about 17 km or 12 miles from Berlin Alexanderplatz, and approximately 21 km or 17 miles southwest of Bahnhof Zoo station. Motorists can reach the airport either on the A113 via the motorway or on the highways 96a and B179.
The S-Bahn station Flughafen Berlin-Schönefeld is only 400 meters from the airport. The station is served regularly by the "Airport Express", the Berlin S-Bahns S9 and S45, and some RB / RE trains operated by Deutsche Bahn. There is a free shuttle bus transport between the airport and the station.
At the main entrance of the airport, the BVG buses X7, N7, N60, 162, 163, and 171 stop at regular intervals as well as the express bus SXF1.
After 1945, the Soviet occupation forces took over the airport. Civilian aviation started with flights from Berlin - Moscow. In the 70s and 80s, the former central airport of the GDR (former name: Central Airport Berlin-Schönefeld) was used by passengers travelling between Turkey and West Berlin. Schönefeld was the home base of Interflug, an airline that no longer exists since reunification.
After reunification, the airport was primarily used for seasonal holiday traffic. The airport received a significant boost in popularity in subsequent years by the presence of the low cost carrier easyJet, which offers flights to many of its destinations from Berlin Schönefeld.