There are regular scheduled flights from Avalon to Adelaide, Brisbane, Portland and Sydney, from here further flights are available.
- URL: Avalon (AVV)
- Time zone: GMT 10
- Service telephone: +61 3 5227-9100
- Address: Avalon Airport, 80 Beach Road, Lara, Victoria 3212, Australia
- Operating company: Linfox Group Airports
- Parking: Ja, paid parking, about 1500 short stay and long stay parking.
- Nearby cities: Geelong West (15 km), Melbourne (50 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is near the town of Avalon, about 23 km or 15 miles north east of Avalon and about 55 km or 35 miles south west of the Melbourne greater city.
- Stations: The "Geelong-Line" (Geelong - Melbourne Southern Cross Rail Station) stops at Lara Railway Station, whih is about 8 km or 5 miles west of the airport.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.66%), Tuesday (12.69%), Wednesday (12.50%), Thursday (15.13%), Friday (15.23%), Saturday (17.20%), Sunday (12.59%)
- Alternative spelling: Авалон, Άβαλον, آوالون, أفالون, אבלון, ავალონი, एवलॉन, อวาลอน, 아발론, アヴァロン, 阿瓦隆
Opened in 1953, Avalon airport is about 23 km or 15 miles north east of Geelong and about 55 km or 35 miles south west of Melbourne. The airport is easy to reach on the Princess Highway (Motorway #1).
There is a regular shuttle service between the airport and the cities of Geelong, Torquay, Melbourne as well as the Bellarine Peninsula. Shuttle buses are operated by several companies and timetables are available locally. Alternatively, please take a taxi.