Departures Athens (ATH)Departures flight plan for Friday, September 25, 2020*
Arrivals Athens (ATH)Arrivals flight plan for Friday, September 25, 2020*
80 cheap direct flights from & to Athens (ATH)
Aegean Airlines (A3660, A3664), easyJet (U22608), Air Canada (AC6037), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK8461, SK8451), TAP Air Portugal (TP7436), ALITALIA (AZ725)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1282, LH1278, LH1284), TAP Air Portugal (TP7950, TP7954), Aegean Airlines (A31832), United Airlines (UA9039, UA9303)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1279, LH1285, LH1281), Luxair (LG1532), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6116), TAP Air Portugal (TP7951, TP7953), Aegean Airlines (A31831)
El Al Israel Airlines (LY543, LY541), Aegean Airlines (A3929, A3925, A3927), Israir Airlines (6H561, 6H563), ALITALIA (AZ822)
Austrian Airlines (OS801, OS803, OS8983), United Airlines (UA9851), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6307), Aegean Airlines (A3863, A3861), Air Baltic (BT5482)
Aegean Airlines (A3621, A33000, A3623), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK8459), Hainan Airlines (HU8316), Gulf Air (GF5621), Brussels Airlines (SN6521, SN6501)
Swiss International Air Lines (LX1838, LX1830, LX1842), Air Canada (AC6832), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH5876, LH5880), TAP Air Portugal (TP8184), United Airlines (UA9756)
Aegean Airlines (A37901, A37907, A37915), Olympic Air (OA901, OA907, OA915), Cyprus Airways (CY310), Blue Air (0B5361)
Aegean Airlines (A3867, A3865), TAP Air Portugal (TP7395), Air Baltic (BT5485), Etihad Airways (EY3693, EY3691)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1754, LH1750), United Airlines (UA9524), Aegean Airlines (A31808, A3803), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6194), TAP Air Portugal (TP7962), Air Canada (AC9595)
easyJet (U25937), Aegean Airlines (A3821, A3823), Air Baltic (BT5426, BT5481), Gulf Air (GF5821)
easyJet (U25937, U24613), Aegean Airlines (A3821, A3823), Air Baltic (BT5426, BT5481), Gulf Air (GF5821)
SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK777, SK2777), Norwegian Air International (D83374), Etihad Airways (EY7470), Icelandair (FI7437), Aegean Airlines (A3751, A3753), Air Canada (AC6044)
Aegean Airlines (A3615, A3611, A3619, A3613), Air France (AF1532), Jet Airways (India) (9W4963), Delta Air Lines (DL8683), China Eastern Airlines (MU8611)
Transavia France (TO3520, TO3528, TO3522, TO3618, TO3526), easyJet (U24223)
The construction of Athens International Airport - Eleftherios Venizelos was the biggest infrastructural project based on private funding ever in modern Greek history. On the
31.07.1995, the Greek government and a private consortium led by HOCHTIEF (plc) concluded the Airport Development Agreement (ADA) with the common goal of developing a new airport in Spata. Athens International Airport S.A. (Diethnis Aerolimenas Athinon A.E.) will be legally run as a private corporation for the duration of 30 years including the construction period in the form of a public private partnership (PPP). The Greek state owns 55% and the other private partners the remaining 45%.
Athens Airport is accessible from the south via the six lane motorway Attiki Odos (subject to a charge), linked via the Eleusina to the Airport by several exits. The southerly suburbs of the capital (e.g.. Ilisia, Zografou, Vyronas, Kesariani, Papagou, Holargos, Ag. Paraskevi) are linked to the airport by the ring road Ymitos, here there is also a choice of several exits. Free access to the airport is available via the Lavriou Avenue and other primary roads. Coming from the southerly suburbs or Piraeus, costs can be avoided by using the Possidonos Avenue or Vouliagmenis Avenue, Varis-Koropoiou Avenue and finally accessing the airport via the Attiki Odos motorway. The short-term car parks P1 and P2, with a total of 1360 parking spaces are to be found directly in front of the arrivals hall of the main terminal. Long-term parking is possible in Zone P3 by the Attiki Odos motorway, with a total of 3378 parking spaces. Athens and Piraeus harbour may be reached using the metro, train or the airport buses. Three bus services run by the Express Airport buses and six bus lines operated by local transport serve the airport exclusively. The metro line 3 runs from Athens International Airport to the end of the line at Monastiraki, where it is possible to change to Line1 from Piraeus to Kifisia. The journey to Syntagma takes 27 minutes and 60 minutes to Piraeus. Athens International Airport (AIA) is also linked via the underground to Larissius station (Athens Central Railway Station), and from here there is a connection to the metro line 2, as well as with Korinthos.
The airlines represented at Athens airport include Aegean Airlines (Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Iraklion, Milan-Malpensa, Munich, Rom-Fiumicino), Aeroflot (Moscow-Sheremetyevo), Air Berlin (Berlin-Tegel), Air France (Paris-Charles de Gaulle), Austrian Airlines (Vienna), British Airways (London-Heathrow), EasyJet (Berlin-Schoenefeld , London-Gatwick, London-Luton, Milan-Malpensa), Germanwings (Cologne/Bonn), Iberia (Barcelona, Madrid), KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (Amsterdam), Olympic Airlines (Alexandria, Bucharest, Milan-Linate, New York - JFK, Toronto and many more), SkyEurope (Bratislava, Krakow), Thai Airways International (Bangkok) and Wizzair (Budapest, Kattowice).
- URL: Athens (ATH)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service telephone: +30 210 353-0000
- Address: Athens International Airport - Eleftherios Venizelos, Administration Building 17, 5th km Spata-Loutsa Avenue, GR-19019 Spata, Athens, Greece
- Operating company: Athens International Airport S.A. (AIA)
- Parking: Yes, paid parking for about 4400 vehicles
- Nearby cities: Athen (19 km), Kallithéa (22 km), Piraeus (27 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is linked to downtown Athnes via the motorway Attiki Odos (toll)
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.36%), Tuesday (13.45%), Wednesday (14.19%), Thursday (14.46%), Friday (14.67%), Saturday (14.17%), Sunday (14.69%)
- Alternative spelling: Athen-Eleftherios Venizelos, Flughafen Athen, Atina, Afiny, Afina, Athina, Atenes, Atenas, Athény, Atene, Ateena, Atîna, Atines, Ateny, Athènes, Atini, Атина, Αθήνα, Атэны, Афины, Афіни, Афиннар, Афіны, אתונה, አቴና, ஏதென்ஸ், एथेंस, एथेन्स, अथेन्स, অ্যাথেন্স, ایتھنز, آتن, أثينا, 아테네, เอเธนส์, アテネ, 雅典, ათენი, Աթենք
Most popular destinations from Athens (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Aegean Airlines (2991, 26,45 %)
- Sky Express (794, 7,02 %)
- TAP Air Portugal (390, 3,45 %)
- Olympic Air (304, 2,69 %)
- Etihad Airways (248, 2,19 %)
- Air Canada (237, 2,10 %)
- Croatia Airlines (215, 1,90 %)
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines (209, 1,85 %)
- United Airlines (186, 1,65 %)
- Lufthansa (185, 1,64 %)
- other (49.06 %)
Opened on 29/03/2001, the airport is about 28 km or 18 miles east of downtown Athens, near the Athens suburbs Koropi, Spata-Loutsa and Markopoulo. From the south, Athens airport can be reached on the six lane motorway Attiki Odos (toll motorway). The suburbs southeast of the capital (eg Ilisia, Zografou, Vyronas, Kaisariani, Papagou, Holargos, Ag. Paraskevi) are connected to the airport via the Ymitos on the ring road, several exits lead to the airport. Toll-free access to the airport is on Lavriou Avenue and other surrounding major roads. Coming from the southern suburbs or Piraeus, the toll can be avoided using Possidonos Avenue, Vouliagmenis Avenue, Vari-Koropi Avenue and then the Attiki Odos motorway. The short-term parking zones P1 and P2 with a total of 1360 spaces are located directly outside the arrivals zone of the main terminal. Long term parking is in zone P3 on the Attiki Odos motorway, with approximately 3378 parking spaces.
Athens and the port of Piraeus may be reached using the Metro Line 3 between 5.30 am and midnight. The S-Bahn and the airport buses also go to the city. Overall three national bus lines and six express bus lines X 92 - X 97 operate services to the airport. The metro line 3 runs from the airport to the major central metro station Monastiraki, where you change to line 1 to Piraeus and Kifissia. Passengers traveling to or from the railway station Larisis can use Line 3 to Syntagma station and then use the underground line 2. The journey to Syntagma or Monastiraki takes about 30 minutes depending on the time of day, to Piraeus approximately 60 minutes. There is also a train connection from the airport to Corinth.
The construction of Athens International Airport - Eleftherios Venizelos was the largest infrastructure project in the modern history of Greece and also the largest international airport project using private funding. On 31.07.1995, the Greek government and a private consortium led by HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft (Germany) signed the Airport Development Agreement (ADA), with th common goal of developing a new international airport at Spata, as the former Hellinikon Airport was no longer large enough to deal with the growing numbers of passengers. The administrator, Athens International Airport SA (Diethnis Aerolimenas Athinon AE) is a Public-Private Partnership (PPP or PPP) is to be operated as a PPP for 30 years inlcusing the building period. The greek state owns 55% and the three private shareholders the remaining 45%.