Departures Alexandroupolis Dhmokritos (AXD)Departures flight plan for Friday, September 17, 2021*
Arrivals Alexandroupolis Dhmokritos (AXD)Arrivals flight plan for Friday, September 17, 2021*
Airport Alexandroupolis Dhmokritos
- URL: Alexandroupolis Dhmokritos (AXD)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service telephone: +30 25510-89300
- Address: Alexandroupolis - Democritus International Airport, GR 681 00 Alexandroupolis, Evros Prefecture, Greece
- Operating company: Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority (HCAA)
- Parking: Yes; paid – 250 short and long term spaces; the first 20 minutes are free.
- Directions by car: The airport is 4 miles east of Alexandropouli on the National Road 2.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.95%), Tuesday (15.76%), Wednesday (14.40%), Thursday (14.67%), Friday (14.13%), Saturday (12.50%), Sunday (13.59%)
- Alternative spelling: Alexandroupolis Demokritos, Alexandroupolis Dimokritos, Αλεξανδρούπολη, Dedeağaç, Дедеагач, Alejandrópolis, Александруполис, Αλεξανδρούπολις, Alexandrupoli, Aleksandropoli, Alessandropoli, Aleksandropolis, Aleksandrupolis, Александруполіс, أليكساندروبولي, الكسندروبوليس, アレクサンドルーポリ, אלכסנדרופולי, 亚历山德鲁波利斯, 亞歷山德魯波利斯, 알렉산드루폴리
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
The airport was opened in 1944 and is about 4 miles east of downtown. By car take the A2/E90 to Alexandroupoli and then follow the signs to the airport on the Nationalroad 2 eastbound.
Passengers arriving by bus can take Olympic Airways shuttle buses from the nearby towns of Alexandroupoli, Komitini and Orestiada to airport. From Alexandroupoli for example there are also local bus services towards Anthia or Loutros, as these stop directly in front of the terminal buildings.