- URL: Tampere-Pirkkala (TMP)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service telephone: +358 20 708 5521
- Address: Tampere-Pirkkala Airport, Tornikaari 50, 33960 Pirkkala, Finland
- Operating company: Finavia, Finnish Air Force
- Parking: Paid parking is available.
- Nearby cities: Tampere (13 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is near the state road 3/E-12, at the exit No.60.
- Stations: Take the train to Tampere, then use a taxi or the number 61 bus to the airport.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (17.98%), Tuesday (18.29%), Wednesday (15.61%), Thursday (16.59%), Friday (13.99%), Saturday (5.65%), Sunday (11.89%)
- Alternative spelling: Tampere-Pirkkala, Tammerfors-Birkala, Тампере, Тампере, Тамперэ, Тампэрэ, Τάμπερε, Տամպերե, ტამპერე, טמפרה, تامبيري, تامپری, टाम्परे, タンペレ, 탐페레, ตัมเปเร, 坦佩雷
Most popular destinations from Tampere-Pirkkala (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
The airport was opened in 1979 is located approximately 3 miles south of Pirkkala and approximately 9 miles southwest of Tampere. Head for Tampere on the state road 3/E-12 in a westerly direction to exit No.60 and then follow the main road 308 (Lentoasemantie) in a southerly direction to the signs for the airport. From Pirkkala, please use the signposted main road 308.
Rail and bus passengers head for Tampere main train or bus station and then use either a taxi or the number 62 bus to the airport. The PAUNU bus operates frequent services on weekdays between approximately 5.15 am and 9:30 pm and on weekends less frequently, the journey to the airport takes 40 minutes. For exact departure times please enquire at the airport.
There is also a shuttle bus for all Ryanair flights, operated by the company “Toke" to and from the main railway station in Tampere.