1 Flight routes from & to Paderborn (PAD)
Sun Express (XQ367, XQ369), Corendon Airlines (XC6334, XC1334, XC4334, XC5334)
- URL: Paderborn-Lippstadt (PAD)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 2955 77-0
- Address: Flughafen Paderborn/Lippstadt, Flughafenstraße 33, D-33142 Bueren
- Operating company: Flughafen Paderborn-Lippstadt GmbH
- Parking: Yes; free and paid parking; paid multi-storey car park; advance reservation long-term parking; mobile home parking.
- Nearby cities: Paderborn (15 km), Bielefeld (47 km), Hamm (57 km), Kassel (70 km), Münster (78 km), Dortmund (81 km), Osnabrück (82 km), Hagen (85 km), Witten (91 km), Göttingen (92 km)
- Directions by car: Highways A33, A44; B1.
- Stations: Express Bus 400 to the main train station in Paderborn.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (16.77%), Tuesday (12.99%), Wednesday (12.28%), Thursday (16.06%), Friday (15.58%), Saturday (12.75%), Sunday (13.58%)
- Alternative spelling: Падерборн-Липпштадт, Падэрборн, ปาเดอร์บอร์น, პადერბორნი, פדרבורן, پادربورن, بادربورن, パーダーボルン, 파더보른, 帕德博恩-利普施塔特
Most popular destinations from Paderborn-Lippstadt (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
The airport is located in the city of Büren, about 15 miles southwest of the city of Paderborn and about 26 km or 20 miles from the city of Lippstadt. Motorists can reach the airport on the A44/E331 highway, exit No 60 "Büren" and on the A33 highway at exit "Salzkotten" as well as on national road 1 and road 776.
Between Paderborn and the airport bus station, the public city bus numbers 400 and 460 and the overnight express NE16 provide a regular service. Current timetables are available either locally or on the Internet.
The 227 ha airport was first taken into use in 1971. The economic devlopment of the region was the driving force behind this, as it required an efficient air traffic infrastructure. The state government of North Rhine Westphalia therefore prompted the establishment of an airport company in 1969.
The first extension of the runway was completed in 1984. In the 90s, the check in terminal was built and in 2002 restructured in order to allow for continuous baggage check in.
At the beginning of 2009, the regional government in Münster agreed to the airport rebuilding plans. The plans inlcuded a runway as well as extending the apron.