Departures Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN)Departures flight plan for Sunday, February 23, 2020*
Arrivals Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN)Arrivals flight plan for Sunday, February 23, 2020*
51 cheap direct flights from & to Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN)
- URL: Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 6543 - 50 92 00
- Address: Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn GmbH, Gebäude 667, D-55483 Hahn Flughafen
- Operating company: Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn GmbH
- Parking: Yes; paid short and long term parking. Free shuttle bus between the car parks and airport.
- Nearby cities: Trier (50 km), Koblenz (51 km), Mainz (72 km), Wiesbaden (72 km), Saarbrücken (82 km), Bonn (88 km), Ludwigshafen (99 km), Darmstadt (100 km)
- Directions by car: highway A60, A61, B50, B327
- Stations: There is no rail service at the airport, the nearest station is about 30 km or 24 miles north west in Bullay (Mosel).
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (11.11%), Tuesday (25.93%), Wednesday (7.41%), Thursday (11.11%), Friday (11.11%), Saturday (25.93%), Sunday (7.41%)
- Alternative spelling: Fráncfort-Hahn, Francoforte-Hahn, Hahn Airport, Франкфурт-Хан, 法蘭克福哈恩, フランクフルト・ハーン空港
Most popular destinations from Frankfurt-Hahn (Flights per week )
Opened for civilian use in 1993, the airport is not near Frankfurt in Hessen as the name would suggest. It is actually more than 120 miles west in the Hunsrück. Thanks to its very central location however, there are relatively good transport links from all directions and it is therefore easy to reach for those travelling by car. The airport is about 70 km (45 miles) northeast of Trier, about 90 km or 60 miles southwest of Koblenz, about 100 km or 62 miles west of Mainz, about 140 km or 90 miles northwest of Mannheim and about 120 km or 74 miles northeast of Saarbrücken. To reach the airport please use the roads B50 and B327.
Regular shuttle bus transport operates between the airport and several cities nearby eg from Cologne, Koblenz, Frankfurt, Hanau, Darmstadt, Heidelberg, Simmern, Kirn, Trier, Saarbrücken, Luxembourg or Cochem.
The nearest railway station is about 30 km or 24 miles northwest in Bullay on the Mosel.
Frankfurt Hahn is a fairly young airport which was built in 1947 by the occupying French powers. Some time later, the US air force took over. Until the 1990s, the airport was used only for military purposes. In 1990, the Air Force passed the airport over to civilian administartion and the first commercial flight took off in 1993 - a charter flight to Mallorca.
Extension plans of the airport include extending the runway to 3.800 m westwards to enable use by longhaul cargo flights. However, as the threatened Barbastelle bat has been found on precisely this area, the NABU took legal action to stop the plans. This was withdrawn in 2005, when the administration agreed to further conservation measures. 20 hectares of forest were therefore not used for agriculture in order to preserve the necessary natural habitat.