Airport Vancouver International Airport, BC
cheap direct flights from Vancouver International Airport, BC
cheap direct flights to Vancouver International Airport, BC
- URL: Vancouver International Airport, BC (YVR)
- Time zone: GMT -8
- Service telephone: +1 604 207-7077
- Address: Vancouver International Airport, P.O.Box 23750 Airport Postal Outlet, 3211 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, British Columbia - V7B 1Y7, Canada
- Operating company: Vancouver International Airport Authority
- Parking: Yes; paid short and long-term parking – 4100 spaces.
- Nearby cities: Vancouver (8 km), Abbotsford (69 km), Victoria (86 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is about 14 km or 10 miles south west of downtown Vancouver, access is signposted off the highway 99.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: , Monday (14.74%), Tuesday (14.15%)Wednesday (14.56%), Thursday (14.33%), Friday (14.38%), Saturday (13.22%), Sunday (14.62%)
- Alternative spelling: Ванкувер, فانكوفر, ভ্যানকুভার, Βανκούβερ, वैंकूवर, ونکوور, バンクーバー, แวนคูเวอร์, ונקובר, 溫哥華, வான்கூவர், 밴쿠버, Vankuver, ভ্যানকুভার, Վանկուվեր, ვანკუვერი, وینکوور
Most popular destinations from Vancouver International Airport, BC (Flights per week )
- Calgary International Airport-Banff (236 , 8.02 %)
- Victoria (177 , 6.02 %)
- Toronto - Lester B. Pearson International Airport (161 , 5.47 %)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, WA (156 , 5.30 %)
- Edmonton (133 , 4.52 %)
- Los Angeles International Airport, CA (104 , 3.54 %)
- Kelowna-BC (84 , 2.86 %)
- Comox (76 , 2.58 %)
- San Francisco International Airport, CA (72 , 2.45 %)
- Terrace (72 , 2.45 %)
- other (56.79 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Air Canada (3228, 23.18 %)
- Air New Zealand (1690, 12.14 %)
- Westjet (1278, 9.18 %)
- United Airlines (844, 6.06 %)
- Delta Air Lines (592, 4.25 %)
- Korean Air (586, 4.21 %)
- Pacific Coastal Airlines (431, 3.09 %)
- ANA All Nippon Airways (417, 2.99 %)
- American Airlines (401, 2.88 %)
- Deutsche Lufthansa (396, 2.84 %)
- other (29.18 %)
Furthest destinations without having to change Sydney-Kingsford Smith International Airport, NSW (12515 km, Air Canada) , Auckland (11374 km, Air Canada) , Manila-Ninoy Aquino Inernational (10566 km, Philippine Airlines) , Hong Kong International Airport (10281 km, Air Canada) , Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (10214 km, China Southern Airlines) , Taiwan-Taoyuan (9602 km, Singapore Airlines) , Shanghai Pudong International Airport (9026 km, Air Canada) , Beijing Metropolitan Area (8525 km, Air Canada) , Beijing Capital International Airport (8502 km, Air Canada)
Closest destinations with direct flight Nanaimo (52 km, Air Canada) , Victoria (63 km, Pacific Coastal Airlines) , Victoria Inner Harbour Airport (87 km, Helijet International) , Powell River (119 km, Pacific Coastal Airlines) , Comox (136 km, Pacific Coastal Airlines) , Campbell River (173 km, Pacific Coastal Airlines) , Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, WA (205 km, American Airlines) , Kamloops (258 km, Air Canada)
The airport is about 14 km or 10 miles south of downtown Vancouver on Sea Island, an island located between the cities of Vancouver and Richmond. The airport is linked by Highway 99 (Oak Street Bridge).
The Canada Line operated by SkyTrain runs between the domestic / international Terminal / US Transborder Terminal and downtown Vancouver (Waterfront Station), downtown Richmond (Richmond-Brighouse Station) during the day from approximately 5 am and 1 am (Canada Line operated by SkyTrain) the night bus 10 operates during the night between Vancouver / Richmond and the airport. From the South Terminal, the bus C92 operates to link up with the Canada Line of SkyTrain.
There are more connections to the airport operated for example by Perimeter Whistler Express to Squamish and Whistler (site of the Olympic Winter Games, 2010), Pacific Coach to Victoria and Whistler, or the quick shuttle to Seattle / Tacoma. Alternatively, please take a taxi or rent a car.
Departures Vancouver International Airport, BC (YVR) , Departures flight plan for Friday, November 27, 2015*
Arrivals Vancouver International Airport, BC (YVR) , Arrivals flight plan for Friday, November 27, 2015*
Weather forecast for Vancouver
Statistical weather data for Vancouver International Airport, BC
Weatherticker for nearby Airports
In Seattle-Tacoma: sunny with temperatures of 34.2 °F to 44.6 °F. In Kelowna: sunny, minimum temperatures 8.8 °F and maximum temperatures 34.3 °F. In Bellingham: sunny, minimum temperatures 31.8 °F and maximum temperatures 46.2 °F. In Port Angeles: sunny, minimum temperatures 28.9 °F and maximum temperatures 42.6 °F. In Victoria: sunny with temperatures of 38.7 °F to 44.8 °F. In Wenatchee: sunny with temperatures of 18.1 °F to 38.7 °F. In Tofino: sunny, minimum temperatures 40.6 °F and maximum temperatures 49.3 °F. In Campbell River: sunny minimum 34.9 °F and maximum 45.5 °F.