447 cheap direct flights from & to Houston (IAH)
Page 1 of 23
with: Brussels Airlines (SN8894), Copa Airlines (CM2628, CM2633, CM1130, CM2353), Taca International (TA2131), United Airlines (UA0428), South African Airways (SA7469)
Airport Houston - George Bush Intercontinental Airport, TX
Houston - George Bush Intercontinental Airport, TX Airport
- Houston - George Bush Intercontinental Airport, TX (IAH)
- Time zone:
- GMT -6
- Service telephone:
- +1 281 233-1234 (Media Hotline)
- Houston - George Bush Intercontinental Airport, 2800 North Terminal Road, Houston, TX 77032, USA
- Operating company:
- Houston Airport System
- Yes; paid parking – more than 25000 short and long term parking spaces some of which are in parking garages.
- Nearby cities:
- Houston (25 km), Pasadena (35 km)
- Directions by car:
- The airport is between the Interstate 45 and the US Highway 59, near the town of Aldine, about 50 km or 30 miles north of downtown Houston.
- The Amtrak route "Sunset Limited" (Los Angeles - New Orleans) serves Houston.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week:
- Monday (15.27%), Tuesday (13.54%), Wednesday (13.53%), Thursday (14.84%), Friday (15.14%), Saturday (13.02%), Sunday (14.67%)
- Alternative spelling:
- Hyuston, Hiustonas, Hjūstona, Hjuston, Г’юстан, Х'юстон, Хьюстон, Хјустон, Х'юстан, Хюстън, Χιούστον, ہیوسٹن, هيوستن, هیوستون, Հյուսթոն, ჰიუსტონი, יוסטון, היוסטן, હ્યુસ્ટન, ह्युस्टन, ஹியூஸ்டன், హ్యూస్టన్, ഹ്യൂസ്റ്റൺ, হিউস্টন, ฮิวสตัน, ヒューストン, 휴스턴, 休斯敦
Most popular destinations from Houston - George Bush Intercontinental Airport, TX (Flights per week)
- 1. Los Angeles International Airport, CA (141, 2.50 %)
- 2. Chicago O'Hare International Airport, IL (136, 2.41 %)
- 3. Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, T (121, 2.14 %)
- 4. New York - Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (115, 2.04 %)
- 5. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, GA (109, 1.93 %)
- 6. San Francisco International Airport, CA (108, 1.91 %)
- 7. Denver International Airport, CO (103, 1.83 %)
- 8. New Orleans-La (102, 1.81 %)
- 9. Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC (88, 1.56 %)
- 10. Mexico City-Juarez International (88, 1.56 %)
- 11. other (80.31 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- 1. United Airlines (9645, 36.54 %)
- 2. Copa Airlines (7034, 26.65 %)
- 3. Air Canada (2768, 10.49 %)
- 4. Deutsche Lufthansa (1148, 4.35 %)
- 5. US Airways (869, 3.29 %)
- 6. Delta Air Lines (647, 2.45 %)
- 7. American Airlines (432, 1.64 %)
- 8. Air New Zealand (336, 1.27 %)
- 9. British Airways (202, 0.77 %)
- 10. KLM (198, 0.75 %)
- 11. other (11.8 %)
Furthest destinations without having to change Singapore-Changi Airport (15990 km, Singapore Airlines) , Dubai (13140 km, Emirates Airline) , Doha International Airport (12946 km, American Airlines) , Guam (11981 km, United Airlines) , Beijing Metropolitan Area (11592 km, Air China)
Closest destinations with direct flight College Station-Bryan, TX (119 km, United Airlines) , Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX (127 km, United Airlines) , Victoria, TX (198 km, Pacific Wings) , Lake Charles, LA (205 km, United Airlines) , Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, TX (225 km, Air Canada) , Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (264 km, United Airlines) , Killeen-Fort Hood (267 km, United Airlines) , San Antonio International Airport, TX (306 km, Air Canada) , Alexandria International , LA (306 km, United Airlines)
George Bush airport was opened in 1969 and is located approx. 30 miles north of downtown Houston, near the town of Aldine. It is easiest to reach the airport on the US-Highway 59, Texas State Route 548 or Interstate I-45.
The bus numbers 500 (Airport Direct) and #102 operate regularly between the Transit Center in downtown Houston and the airport. The Amtrak is about 2 km (less than a mile) north of the Transit Center and is served by a number of bus routes from downtowns.
Bus transfer to Houston Hobby Airport is provided by the 500 to the Transit Center downtown, then change to bus number 50. Current timetable details are available there or on the internet. Alternatively, please take a taxi, shuttle bus, taxi, limousine or rent a car.
Houston is the main seat of Continental Airlines and with 771 daily departures also their largest hub. Over the years many airlines have served Houston Airport, including Eastern, Braniff, Texas International, People Express and Western, which have long disappeared or merged. Others, such as KLM, have been present at the airport since it’s opening. Among the airlines represented at George Bush Intercontinental Airport / Houston today are: Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air France, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Lufthansa, Southwest, TWA, U.S. Airways and United Airlines.