- URL: Varna (VAR)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service telephone: +359 52 573-323
- Address: Varna International Airport, 9154 Varna, Bulgaria
- Operating company: Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AG
- Parking: Paid parking for about 200 cars.
- Nearby cities: Varna (8 km), Burgas (87 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is on the A2 highway between Varna and Devnya.
- Stations: Take trains to Varna main railway station and then take the bus 409 to the airport.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (16.75%), Tuesday (12.62%), Wednesday (14.57%), Thursday (13.00%), Friday (16.83%), Saturday (11.31%), Sunday (14.91%)
- Alternative spelling: Warna, Odessos, Варна, Βάρνα, וארנה, Վարնա, ヴァルナ (ブルガリア), ვარნა, 바르나, 瓦爾納, 瓦尔纳, ვარნის, वर्ना, וואַרנאַ, وارنا, فارنا
Most popular destinations from Varna (Flights per week )
- Vienna International (26, 11,56 %)
- Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion International (20, 8,89 %)
- Sofia (16, 7,11 %)
- London Luton (16, 7,11 %)
- Eindhoven (12, 5,33 %)
- Berlin Brandenburg (10, 4,44 %)
- Dortmund (10, 4,44 %)
- Airport Memmingen (10, 4,44 %)
- London Gatwick (10, 4,44 %)
- Cologne (Koeln)-Bonn (8, 3,56 %)
- other (38.68 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
The airport was opened in 1947 and is about 6 miles west of downtown Varna. From Varna use the A2 highway towards Devnya and follow the signs to the airport.
Rail and bus passengers head for Varna main bus or train stations and then either use a taxi or the shuttle bus 409 that operates at 15 minute intervals and stops at the airport.