Departures London Luton (LTN)Departures flight plan for Saturday, May 28, 2022*
Arrivals London Luton (LTN)Arrivals flight plan for Saturday, May 28, 2022*
76 cheap direct flights from & to London Luton (LTN)
easyJet (U22051, U22061, U22049, U22059, U22067, U22053, U22057, U22055)
easyJet (U22405, U22409, U22403, U22407, U22401), TUI Airways (BY5730)
easyJet (U22273, U22271, U22277, U22275), TUI Airways (BY5626, BY5208, BY5432)
easyJet (U22431, U22441, U22439, U22435, U22433)
Airport London Luton
- URL: London Luton (LTN)
- Time zone: GMT 0
- Service telephone: +44 (0)1582 405100
- Address: London Luton Airport, Navigation House, Airport Way, Luton Bedfordshire, LU2 9LY, United Kingdom
- Operating company: London Luton Airport Operations Ltd (TBI plc)
- Parking: Yes, there are chargeable short - and long-term parking facilities.
- Nearby cities: Luton (3 km), Watford (23 km), Slough (44 km), London (45 km), Cambridge (49 km), Northampton (55 km), Chelmsford (61 km), Woking (63 km), Oxford (63 km), Reading (66 km)
- Directions by car: M1 towards Luton, taking exit N ° 10 to the A1081, for the last 1.5 miles follow the signs.
- Stations: Trains to Luton Airport Parkway Station and then use the shuttle service that operates every 15 minutes.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.53%), Tuesday (13.93%), Wednesday (14.27%), Thursday (14.97%), Friday (14.72%), Saturday (12.21%), Sunday (14.36%)
- Alternative spelling: Лондон-Лутон, Londyn-Luton, Luton Airport, لندن لوتون
Most popular destinations from London Luton (Flights per week )
- Amsterdam-Schiphol (49, 4,04 %)
- Bucharest-Otopeni (43, 3,55 %)
- Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion International (36, 2,97 %)
- Budapest-Ferihegy (35, 2,89 %)
- Lisbon (30, 2,48 %)
- Belfast International (28, 2,31 %)
- Palma de Mallorca (27, 2,23 %)
- Warsaw (27, 2,23 %)
- Edinburgh (26, 2,15 %)
- Málaga (24, 1,98 %)
- other (73.17 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
The airport is on the A505. Motorists coming from London should take the M1 motorway towards Luton and just before Luton take the exit number 10 onto the A1081, the airport is then signposted.
Rail passengers should take the trains to Luton Airport Parkway Station and then use the shuttle service that operates every 15 minutes.
There are also bus services from London to the airport. EasyBus leaves from Baker Street, bus number 757 operated by the Green Line leaves from Victoria Station or Oxford Circus and there is a National Express coach from London Heathrow Airport.
The airport was opened on 16th July 1938. During the Second World War, the Royal Air Force used the airport as a base for fighter aircraft. After the war the city of Luton again acquired the airport. In 1972, Luton was one of the most profitable airports in England. However, when the tour operator Clarksons (Court Line) went bankrupt in 1974, the airport suffered a serious setback.
After the airport had been refurbished for 15 years, a new international terminal was opened in 1985. In 1991, the airport was renamed and has since then been known as London Luton Airport. On 1st July 1995, a new departure hall was added and then in 1999 another terminal was opened. On 6th July 2007, the airport management decided to build a new runway as well as a new terminal building.