Transavia.com currently flies with a total of 32 aircraft manufactured by Boeing.
The Dutch airline Transavia is a 100 % subsidiary of the airline KLM. Its French offshoot Transavia France began operating on 12th May 2007 in Paris. The company was founded in 1965 by a Belgian bicycle manufacturer and his friend, an English businessman and was originally called Transavia Limburg NV. In 1966 the company was renamed Transavia Holland. The airline has been known by its current name since 1986. In 1991, the interim owner of the airline, the American shipping company P & O Nedlloyd, sold 80% of its shares to KLM. In 2003, KLM bought the remaining 20% and since then the low-cost carrier has been in the full possession of KLM Holding.
During the summer months Transavia flies to around 67 destinations; in the winter months, to just 35. Some of the airports served by Transavia from its hubs in Amsterdam and Paris-Orly are for example in Catania, Fez, Luxor, Pisa, Heraklion, Seville and Bodrum.