Information on easyJet
- URL: http://www.easyjet.com/
- Type of airline: Low-cost airline
- Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Call sign: Easy
- Address: easyJet Airline Company Limited, Hangar 89, London Luton Airport, Luton, LU2 9PF, United Kingdom
- Home airport: LTN
- Year founded: 1995
- Type of company: Limited
- Number of aircraft: 233
- Passengers per year: 24,300,000
- Check-in opens: 120 min.
- Check-in closes: 40 min.
- Legroom (seat pitch): 74 - 81 cm
The airline was founded by Stelios Haji-Ioannou, and the family remains the major shareholder. He controls other separate easyGroup companies such as easyInternetCafe, easyCar.com, easyMoney, and easyValue. There are no "cross-shareholdings" between easyJet and these other easyGroup companies. easyJet operates independently of the other companies, although some "cross-marketing" agreements do exist. The airline is based at easyLand, a bright orange building adjacent to the main taxiway at Luton Airport. In an industry where corporate HQs are generally considered to be the ultimate status symbol, it is the very embodiment of the easyJet low-cost ethos.